Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - Spray foam insulation for attic side wood home roof

Hello - realize its off topic but I have been impressed before by the
gear heads on this group.

I visited a relative in FL over thanksgiving holiday and they are
renovating a home. He had a contractor spray a foam in between the
roof rafters on the plywood. He said he got the "open cell" variety
and that it REALLY made his home cooler in the summer.

I'm in Houston, similar climate, and I would like to insulate, but
wonder if that sort of treatment would encourage rot/mold/ and
excessively restrict breathing of the wood? Our electric rates are
high due to a bottleneck in transmission lines from west Texas wind
farms apparently, and gas turbine rates. Saving a good deal on
cooling would be a huge asset, so I'm strongly considering this type
of thing. I realize that sort of like a spray-in bed liner on a
truckbed, it may make it harder to do repairs or remodel.

Anyone thoughts?

Scott
Posted to rec.woodworking

I've been watching this item for the last few days but no response
from anybody.

How do you people in Houston handle this?

Lew

"Scott" wrote in message
[...]

Spray foam insulation in Vented Attic? [email protected] Home Repair 35 July 2nd 07 10:42 PM
Spray foam Insulation Chas12 Home Repair 7 December 15th 05 05:57 AM
insulation spray foam FH Home Repair 19 April 30th 05 03:08 AM
spray foam insulation for drafts??? dude Home Repair 10 January 18th 05 05:54 PM
Spray in foam insulation + minimum roof slope? Albert Home Repair 13 November 9th 04 06:53 PM