Posted to alt.home.repair

Default pressure washer recommendation

I'm somewhat in the market for a good pressure washer. It would be
for my around-the-home/yard/farm usage -- car wash, deck wash, siding
wash (in prep for caulk and paint). For as much as the painters are
estimating them doing the wash I'm thinking I can buy a decent washer,
do it myself, and have it for the next go-around. All thoughts
welcome.
Posted to alt.home.repair

kansascats wrote:
I'm somewhat in the market for a good pressure washer. It would be
for my around-the-home/yard/farm usage -- car wash, deck wash, siding
wash (in prep for caulk and paint). For as much as the painters are
estimating them doing the wash I'm thinking I can buy a decent washer,
do it myself, and have it for the next go-around. All thoughts
welcome.

Hi,
Karcher is popular brand. I got one with my Air Mile point coiuple years
ago. It worked well for my around the house chore. Mine is electric.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/31/2011 12:28 AM, kansascats wrote:
I'm somewhat in the market for a good pressure washer. It would be
for my around-the-home/yard/farm usage -- car wash, deck wash, siding
wash (in prep for caulk and paint). For as much as the painters are
estimating them doing the wash I'm thinking I can buy a decent washer,
do it myself, and have it for the next go-around. All thoughts
welcome.

I have an electric one from Lowes - less than $200 a couple of years
ago. My use is infrequent and I did not want to have another gas engine
around that I would have to tend to when not even using but to keep gas
fresh and change oil, etc.

Think mine is 2,000 psi which is capable of doing all of the things you
want. As for siding wash and any other use, once you get spray head
more than a foot away it is not more effective than a regular hose.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/31/2011 8:41 AM, Frank wrote:
On 8/31/2011 12:28 AM, kansascats wrote:
I'm somewhat in the market for a good pressure washer. It would be
for my around-the-home/yard/farm usage -- car wash, deck wash, siding
wash (in prep for caulk and paint). For as much as the painters are
estimating them doing the wash I'm thinking I can buy a decent washer,
do it myself, and have it for the next go-around. All thoughts
welcome.

I have an electric one from Lowes - less than $200 a couple of years
ago. My use is infrequent and I did not want to have another gas engine
around that I would have to tend to when not even using but to keep gas
fresh and change oil, etc.

Think mine is 2,000 psi which is capable of doing all of the things you
want. As for siding wash and any other use, once you get spray head more
than a foot away it is not more effective than a regular hose.

Have an electric Karcher which failed after a year or two. Bought a
gasoline driven (Honda engine) Karcher at Home Depot about 2600 psi as I
recall a couple of years ago and it has been fine with use by 3 of my
children and me.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Pointer" wrote

Have an electric Karcher which failed after a year or two. Bought a
gasoline driven (Honda engine) Karcher at Home Depot about 2600 psi as I
recall a couple of years ago and it has been fine with use by 3 of my
children and me.

Have gone through half a dozen electrics. Got a Karcher 6hp Honda at a yard
sale, like new for $40. Best money I ever spent. Handy to wheel around
anywhere, you just need water. I'd buy a gas one, and they can be had used
at a good deal.

Steve

--
Please go to my facebook page, Heart Surgery Survival Guide and LIKE me so I
can get my domain name.

Heart surgery pending?
www.heartsurgerysurvivalguide.com
Heart Surgery Survival Guide
Now on facebook, too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/31/2011 2:05 PM, Steve B wrote:
wrote

Have an electric Karcher which failed after a year or two. Bought a
gasoline driven (Honda engine) Karcher at Home Depot about 2600 psi as I
recall a couple of years ago and it has been fine with use by 3 of my
children and me.

Have gone through half a dozen electrics. Got a Karcher 6hp Honda at a yard
sale, like new for $40. Best money I ever spent. Handy to wheel around
anywhere, you just need water. I'd buy a gas one, and they can be had used
at a good deal.

Steve

I'm saying, light use. If I'd burned out 6 electrics, I'd have one for
heavy use too
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 21:28:21 -0700 (PDT), kansascats
wrote:

I'm somewhat in the market for a good pressure washer. It would be
for my around-the-home/yard/farm usage -- car wash, deck wash, siding
wash (in prep for caulk and paint). For as much as the painters are
estimating them doing the wash I'm thinking I can buy a decent washer,
do it myself, and have it for the next go-around. All thoughts
welcome.

I bought an Ex-Cell brand about 20 years ago. 5hp B&S gas engine with
a brass "Cat Pump". The thing is still humming right along.

Look for and buy a PW with a brass pump.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I'm somewhat in the market for a good pressure washer. It would be
for my around-the-home/yard/farm usage -- car wash, deck wash, siding
wash (in prep for caulk and paint). For as much as the painters are
estimating them doing the wash I'm thinking I can buy a decent washer,
do it myself, and have it for the next go-around. All thoughts
welcome.

I bought an Ex-Cell brand about 20 years ago. 5hp B&S gas engine with
a brass "Cat Pump". The thing is still humming right along.

Look for and buy a PW with a brass pump.

And drain it every FALL. Like before freezing temps in the winter.

DAMHIKT! dammit .........

Steve

--
Please go to my facebook page, Heart Surgery Survival Guide and LIKE me so I
can get my domain name.

Heart surgery pending?
www.heartsurgerysurvivalguide.com
Heart Surgery Survival Guide