Posted to alt.home.repair
Pointer Pointer is offline

Default pressure washer recommendation

On 8/31/2011 8:41 AM, Frank wrote:
On 8/31/2011 12:28 AM, kansascats wrote:
I'm somewhat in the market for a good pressure washer. It would be
for my around-the-home/yard/farm usage -- car wash, deck wash, siding
wash (in prep for caulk and paint). For as much as the painters are
estimating them doing the wash I'm thinking I can buy a decent washer,
do it myself, and have it for the next go-around. All thoughts
welcome.

I have an electric one from Lowes - less than $200 a couple of years
ago. My use is infrequent and I did not want to have another gas engine
around that I would have to tend to when not even using but to keep gas
fresh and change oil, etc.

Think mine is 2,000 psi which is capable of doing all of the things you
want. As for siding wash and any other use, once you get spray head more
than a foot away it is not more effective than a regular hose.

Have an electric Karcher which failed after a year or two. Bought a
gasoline driven (Honda engine) Karcher at Home Depot about 2600 psi as I
recall a couple of years ago and it has been fine with use by 3 of my
children and me.