Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

Default What 36" Ridgid pipe wrench to keep, AL vs. Iron

"D.A. Tsenuf" wrote in message
.. .
"Steve B" wrote in message
. ..

"D.A. Tsenuf" wrote

So you don't even know what a "pressure tank", used in a well system is
?
Why don't you look it up and then come back to us...

(what a maroon)...

Well, I always thought that in order for a pressure tank to work, there
had to be some room for the pressure. Since most liquids are not
compressible, that would require an airspace or a tank that expands, at
least according to my thinking. IIRC, a lot of tanks have bladders or
airspaces. I do know that air hammer reliefs are common to deal with air
in water systems.

Well there you go
You actually knew the answer all along.
So why spew so much ignorant cant ?

You have also gotten way away from the original topic, that being of how
to pressurize a tank for remote use. You say that you can just put
pressure in there with no air space. I say that the tank would burst
before it could hold enough pressure to even void itself of its contents.

A pressure tank is pre-charged with a bladder separating the wet from the
air side.
I never stated ANYTHING about air space and the rest of your presumptions

Perhaps you could share some of your infinite knowledge, providing you
are educated enough to put your thoughts into words so that we of the
unwashed rabble might read them and ponder your take on this. OR, you
could quote this entire conversation with no snippage, just scores of
lines of discussion with a two sentence reply that offers no information
whatsoever on the original question, indicating either a lack of
knowledge of the subject, or a lack of knowledge of how to conduct a
social conversation. Your pick, Sparky.

I may be a Sparky, but then even a wet match qualifies compared to you.
I am so sorry that you have not discovered to wonders of search engines on
the internet
Why don't you try your faverite one with the following
"precharged pressure tank".
Hell, even just plain "pressure tank" will point you in the right
direction.

Now, I could be entirely wrong. And I would much rather hear you
explaining why I am wrong, and what the correct answer is than using
insults or words that I do not comprehend.

I'm so sorry that words like "pressure tank" are beyond your (claimed)
ken.

What is a maroon? I mean, I know it is an adjective to describe color,
but I have not seen it used as a noun. Maybe you will get to that in
next year's English, provided you take another year of English.

It's a reference to a quote by a famous cartoon character
As to my education in the Queen's English, it's probably more extensive
than yours.

You may (or may not) notice above that is what I have done in answer to
your adolescent response to my request for clarification of this concept.
You will notice I am asking for other's opinions, a common thing for
intelligent sensible educated people to do. I was also asking for more
information, and an explanation.

You sure use lots of words to state and demonstrate that you're clueless
As to wanting an explanation. That's highly doubtful
People who want info state their problem and then let others do the
talking
The exact opposite of what you have done.

Have a nice day.

Oh and thanks for demonstrating that you do qualify for that quote by Bugs
Bunny
"What a maroon" indeed...

I rest my case. If you follow back, you will find it was YOU who said I
needed to google up the information. When I did, you did a 180. You were
the writer who seemed to think a tank could be filled with enough water to
spray by itself with no airspace.

Stupid is as stupid writes.

You may go now.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

"Steve B" wrote in message

"D.A. Tsenuf" wrote in message
.. .
"Steve B" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Now where did I make ANY comment about a tank that could
" spray by itself with no airspace."

Oh wait, I made no such statements..
That was YOU making a stupid assumption

I am in NO WAY responsible for YOUR stupid presumptions and assumptions

Stupid is as stupid writes.

Yes indeed
One has to wonder why you need to do so over and over. Not to mention
continue when your nonsense has been brought to light..

You may go now.

Steve

Thank you for proving that you're not only stupid but arrogant too.
Makes me think of that Bertrand Russel's saying about the ignorant...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

Steve B wrote:

"D.A. Tsenuf" wrote in message
.. .
"Steve B" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Here is what he wrote:

"Would one of those pressure tanks for wells work better ?
Just charge it up close attached (by you) faucet and
you're ready to go."

You have made it clear that
you fail to understand how that works.
That came through clear in your first reply
No need need to repeat
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 10:22:29 -0500, "D.A. Tsenuf"
wrote:

Now where did I make ANY comment about a tank that could
" spray by itself with no airspace."

Oh wait, I made no such statements..
That was YOU making a stupid assumption

The problem here is the OP didn't know about the bladdered tanks used
in well water systems.
I didn't either since I've never encountered them.
Anyway, a suitable fire extinguisher is probably more practical to put
out cotton fires.
Anybody care to hear my "big wrench" story?
The wrench weighed about 500 pounds.
Slugging wrench of course.

--Vic
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

"Steve B" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

A household type well pressure tank has a bladder in it. You put water in
which compresses the air behind the bladder. Its ideally suited for holding
water and delivering it as thousands of average people are capable of using
them to problem free for years on end to provide water to their homes from
their private well. While the OP was not particularly nice about it, a
pressure tank would work admirable well for this applications I suspect.
You can buy them from places like Home Depot for a few hundred dollars.
Pressure tanks are available in steel and fiberglass. There are also older
style deliver tanks which did not use a bladder, but air in the system was
still required at a certain point. In both types well head pressure from
the well pump is adequate to charge the system. In addition their our
gravity systems. This is required for low pressure pumps like wind wills
which lift rather than pump water. My dad is a certified water system
operator and more than once I was out in the middle of the night with him
helping to bleed the main water tank (non bladder type) when it got too much
air in the main tank for the subdivision where we lived. (Usually after a
storm induced power failure)

Ideally a bulk tank with a pump is used in remote application for delivering
volumes of water. Fire departments often have a tanker, but it is not a
pressurized system. For road departments with a "water truck" style tanker
that have to wet down dirt and gravel roads often gravity feed is adequate
pressure.

The main idea behind a well storage tank is that there is a range of
storage/pressure. This way the well pump does not kick on and off every
time somebody flushes a toilet or turns on a faucet for a few seconds.
Instead the excess water and pressure is delivered from the pressure tank
and the well pump can kick on less often and run continuously for a longer
period when it does. The pump motors tend to last significantly longer this
way.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

"jim" wrote

Here is what he wrote:

"Would one of those pressure tanks for wells work better ?
Just charge it up close attached (by you) faucet and
you're ready to go."

You have made it clear that
you fail to understand how that works.
That came through clear in your first reply
No need need to repeat

Who wrote?

Did he write the first paragraph, the second, or both? Or neither?

Now I am really puzzled.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

Maroon, as in "left behind on a desert island". Verb. Past
tense would be "he was marooned on an island".

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Steve B" wrote in message

So you don't even know what a "pressure tank", used in a
well system is ?
Why don't you look it up and then come back to us...

(what a maroon)...

Well, I googled "how a well pressure tank works", and came
up on the first
hit with, " The well pressure tank system works under the
principle of gases
can be compressed while liquids cannot. As water fills the
tank, ..."

http://www.catskillhouse.us/blog/well-pressure-tank/

Now what do I do?

BTW, a google for maroon shows a color, or a race of dark
skinned mountain
people. Were you making a racial slur?

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
Jim Jim is offline

Steve B wrote:

"jim" wrote

Here is what he wrote:

"Would one of those pressure tanks for wells work better ?
Just charge it up close attached (by you) faucet and
you're ready to go."

You have made it clear that
you fail to understand how that works.
That came through clear in your first reply
No need need to repeat

Who wrote?

Did he write the first paragraph, the second, or both? Or neither?

Do you plan to follow your dozen messages revealing
your ignorance of well pressure tanks with
a dozen messages revealing your ignorance of what
quotation marks mean?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 13:43:25 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Maroon, as in "left behind on a desert island". Verb. Past
tense would be "he was marooned on an island".

The Mojave Desert has no islands.

What a maroon...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 07:28:12 -0500, dpb wrote:

OBTW, the (what a maroon) comes from one of the old, old cartoons--I
forget which character/strip now, but that's the reference...

--

It was one of Bugs Bunny's favorite sayings.

I was always a big fan of Bugs vrs The Martian.

VBG

Gunner, owner of Coyote Engineering....(VBG)

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

"jim" "sjedgingN0Sp"@m@mwt,net wrote in message
.. .

Steve B wrote:

"jim" wrote

Here is what he wrote:

"Would one of those pressure tanks for wells work better ?
Just charge it up close attached (by you) faucet and
you're ready to go."

You have made it clear that
you fail to understand how that works.
That came through clear in your first reply
No need need to repeat

Who wrote?

Did he write the first paragraph, the second, or both? Or neither?

Do you plan to follow your dozen messages revealing
your ignorance of well pressure tanks with
a dozen messages revealing your ignorance of what
quotation marks mean?

I love it when people can not answer the questions.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
Jim Jim is offline

Steve B wrote:

"jim" "sjedgingN0Sp"@m@mwt,net wrote in message
.. .

Steve B wrote:

"jim" wrote

Here is what he wrote:

"Would one of those pressure tanks for wells work better ?
Just charge it up close attached (by you) faucet and
you're ready to go."

You have made it clear that
you fail to understand how that works.
That came through clear in your first reply
No need need to repeat

Who wrote?

Did he write the first paragraph, the second, or both? Or neither?

Do you plan to follow your dozen messages revealing
your ignorance of well pressure tanks with
a dozen messages revealing your ignorance of what
quotation marks mean?

I love it when people can not answer the questions.

How you ever going to climb out of the deep hole of ignorance
if people hand you all the answers to your dumb questions?

Here is your first clue:

this is what quotation marks look like - ""
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

No need to insult the man by calling him a politician......

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Steve B" wrote in message
.. .

Who wrote?

Did he write the first paragraph, the second, or both?
Or neither?

Do you plan to follow your dozen messages revealing
your ignorance of well pressure tanks with
a dozen messages revealing your ignorance of what
quotation marks mean?

I love it when people can not answer the questions.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

"Vic Smith" wrote in message

Anybody care to hear my "big wrench" story?
The wrench weighed about 500 pounds.
Slugging wrench of course.

One of the characters in the "March to.." series (military sci-fi), by John
Ringo, had a "big pocking wrench" to solve certain technical problems..
You might relate... :-)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

On Jul 19, 1:43*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
BTW, a google for maroon shows a color, or a race of dark
skinned mountain
people. *Were you making a racial slur?

Steve

AFAIK the Maroons were escaped Cuban slaves living in very uncivilized
conditions in the mountains. We encountered them during the Spanish
American War, tried with little success to use them as scouts, and
apparently became very disgusted with them and Cubans in general,
while our troops respected the Spanish they fought. That's based only
on a few memoirs I read. YMMV.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maroon_(people)

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

"D.A. Tsenuf" wrote:

"Vic Smith" wrote in message

Anybody care to hear my "big wrench" story?
The wrench weighed about 500 pounds.
Slugging wrench of course.

One of the characters in the "March to.." series (military sci-fi), by John
Ringo, had a "big pocking wrench" to solve certain technical problems..

Go sit on a 'blue wrench'.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 10:05:38 -0500, "D.A. Tsenuf"
wrote:

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
.. .

Anybody care to hear my "big wrench" story?
The wrench weighed about 500 pounds.
Slugging wrench of course.

One of the characters in the "March to.." series (military sci-fi), by John
Ringo, had a "big pocking wrench" to solve certain technical problems..
You might relate... :-)

A BIG pocking wrench!