Posted to alt.home.repair

Default peg board hooks

On Sunday, May 22, 2011 1:31:40 PM UTC-7, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 22 May 2011 16:11:58 -0400, (Herb Eneva)
wrote:

Every time I remove a tool from the peg board the hook comes with it.
I tried the little black plastic thing that hooks in adjacent holes but
that didn`t work very good and besides they only come in packages with
more hooks. I don`t need anymore hooks.
What can I do to keep the hooks from coming out when I remove a tool?

Liquid Nails construction adhesive?

Your example is why I have no peg board for tools.

I use hot-melt glue. Just a little dab will do and it's easily removed if I want to move some hooks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

*Every time I remove a tool from the peg board the hook comes with it.
I tried the little black plastic thing that hooks in adjacent holes but
that didn`t work very good and besides they only come in packages with
more hooks. I don`t need anymore hooks.
What can I do to keep the hooks from coming out when I remove a tool?

Liquid Nails construction adhesive?

Your example is why I have no peg board for tools.

I use hot-melt glue. Just a little dab will do and it's easily removed if I want to move some hooks.

+1 to the idea of using a small dab of hot-melt glue...

~~ Evan
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Every time I remove a tool from the peg board the hook comes with it.
I tried the little black plastic thing that hooks in adjacent holes but
that didn`t work very good and besides they only come in packages with
more hooks. I don`t need anymore hooks.
What can I do to keep the hooks from coming out when I remove a tool?

Liquid Nails construction adhesive?

Your example is why I have no peg board for tools.

I use hot-melt glue. Just a little dab will do and it's easily removed if I want to move some hooks.

+1 to the idea of using a small dab of hot-melt glue...

~~ Evan

I like the idea of using a little hot glue ... nice and easily
removable. But, I have been using the hook which have a square or
round peg that goes in the hole just below the hanger. This design
usually hold them real tight without and glue. The round peg is
just the right size to be snug in the hole. The square peg grabs
the pegboard hole on the 4 corners of the peg. Either works well.
Here's a pic of the hook:
https://picasaweb.google.com/actodes...65974622354482.
And here's a pic of the pegboard:
https://picasaweb.google.com/actodes...65987289385010

peg board hooks Herb Eneva Home Repair 6 May 24th 11 03:29 PM
Hooks - where to buy? Simon C. UK diy 5 March 11th 10 07:03 PM
Hercules Hooks jamesrdens@ya_oo.com Home Repair 19 August 19th 07 10:13 PM
Sail hooks Frayed Knots Metalworking 6 January 27th 06 10:33 AM
Hooks - where from? Sim G. UK diy 2 June 13th 05 08:23 AM