Posted to alt.home.repair

Default peg board hooks

Every time I remove a tool from the peg board the hook comes with it.
I tried the little black plastic thing that hooks in adjacent holes but
that didn`t work very good and besides they only come in packages with
more hooks. I don`t need anymore hooks.
What can I do to keep the hooks from coming out when I remove a tool?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On May 22, 3:11*pm, (Herb Eneva) wrote:
* Every time I remove a tool from the peg board the hook comes with it.
I tried the little black plastic thing that hooks in adjacent holes but
that didn`t work very good and besides they only come in packages with
more hooks. I don`t need anymore hooks.
What can I do to keep the hooks from coming out when I remove a tool?

McFeeley's and others have trick pegboard clips that stay in place. A
little pricey but worth it IMO. Google the topic for more ideas.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Herb Eneva" wrote in message
Every time I remove a tool from the peg board the hook comes with it.
I tried the little black plastic thing that hooks in adjacent holes but
that didn`t work very good and besides they only come in packages with
more hooks. I don`t need anymore hooks.
What can I do to keep the hooks from coming out when I remove a tool?

This may not answer your question but here a tip for people who think these
pegboard hooks can be expensive. Search Google for "french cleat tool
hanger".
You can also download this video
http://thewoodwhisperer.com/french-c...torage-system/

The french cleat can be done using thinner pieces of wood for people who do
not like the somewhat bulky tool hanger in the video. A nice small two legs
tray can be built to carry some of the more used tools (screwdrivers,
pliers, etc) with legs the width of the board and long enough so the tool
would not get out from the holes when sitting on the ground.
The tool hanger wood strip could be secured using some plastic drywall
anchors in the pegboard holes.

VD

----------------
Post of My OWN server without peanot butter
Posted to alt.home.repair

In the comments section here more ideas.

http://www.superwoodworks.com/Projects/ToolHolders.htm

VD

----------------
Post of My OWN server without peanot butter

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 22, 4:11*pm, (Herb Eneva) wrote:
* Every time I remove a tool from the peg board the hook comes with it.
I tried the little black plastic thing that hooks in adjacent holes but
that didn`t work very good and besides they only come in packages with
more hooks. I don`t need anymore hooks.
What can I do to keep the hooks from coming out when I remove a tool?

I put a nylon anchor in the hole and screw a hangar to it if I can.
This worked great on my screwdriver rack but most of the time I just
hang stuff like bags of small parts on the screws. The hot glue works
well too but use the craft kind that comes off easy.

Jimmie

Hooks - where to buy? Simon C. UK diy 5 March 11th 10 07:03 PM
Crochet Hooks Casper Woodturning 3 September 18th 07 08:23 PM
Hercules Hooks jamesrdens@ya_oo.com Home Repair 19 August 19th 07 10:13 PM
Sail hooks Frayed Knots Metalworking 6 January 27th 06 10:33 AM
Hooks - where from? Sim G. UK diy 2 June 13th 05 08:23 AM