Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default peg board hooks

On Sun, 22 May 2011 16:11:58 -0400, (Herb Eneva)
wrote:

Every time I remove a tool from the peg board the hook comes with it.
I tried the little black plastic thing that hooks in adjacent holes but
that didn`t work very good and besides they only come in packages with
more hooks. I don`t need anymore hooks.
What can I do to keep the hooks from coming out when I remove a tool?

I've got a lot of pegboard and never had that problem except with a
couple types of pegs, so I quit using them.
The short tight loops with a single peg or anything with only one peg,
and screwdriver racks did what you say.
If you use long pegs they stay in place of their own weight.
Some tools just don't work well on a short peg if they jam when you
take them off.
Only tools I hang on pegs are fairly heavy stuff with holes like pipe
wrenches, pliers, hammers hanging between two long pegs, etc.
They have to slide easily on the peg.
I don't hang my wrench sets on pegs.
What are you hanging that pulls the peg out?

--Vic