Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hooks - where to buy?

Need 4 hooks. 'S' shaped sort of... but with one of the loops 'closed'
to make an 'O' shape [if that makes sense] so that a rope can be
threaded thru and the hook won't come off.
Need to be pretty strong, about 250kg capacity, and ideally rubber
coated.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 18:29:18 +0000, Simon C. . wrote:

Need 4 hooks. 'S' shaped sort of... but with one of the loops 'closed'
to make an 'O' shape [if that makes sense] so that a rope can be
threaded thru and the hook won't come off.
Need to be pretty strong, about 250kg capacity, and ideally rubber
coated.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Decent Chandlers shop?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mungo, eric, cicero...

Thanks for the suggestions. Ebay... I always forget ebay. The
machinemart link made me realise that a 'claw hook' would suit better.
I'd like to see the hooks before buying, so iot looks like maybe a
shop that sells some - or a strap/tie-down thing that I can cut the
hooks off.

Thanks again,

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Simon C." . wrote in message
Need 4 hooks. 'S' shaped sort of... but with one of the loops 'closed'
to make an 'O' shape [if that makes sense] so that a rope can be
threaded thru and the hook won't come off.
Need to be pretty strong, about 250kg capacity, and ideally rubber
coated.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Yacht Chandlery ... plenty of them on-line.

Rubber coated may be a problem, but you could easily add heat shrink.

Coat Hooks Samantha Booth UK diy 24 June 13th 08 11:12 PM
Crochet Hooks Casper Woodturning 3 September 18th 07 08:23 PM
Hercules Hooks jamesrdens@ya_oo.com Home Repair 19 August 19th 07 10:13 PM
Hercules Hooks? [email protected] Home Repair 2 October 14th 06 11:43 PM
Hooks - where from? Sim G. UK diy 2 June 13th 05 08:23 AM