DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Hooks - where to buy? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/299404-hooks-where-buy.html)

Simon C. March 8th 10 06:29 PM

Hooks - where to buy?

Need 4 hooks. 'S' shaped sort of... but with one of the loops 'closed'
to make an 'O' shape [if that makes sense] so that a rope can be
threaded thru and the hook won't come off.
Need to be pretty strong, about 250kg capacity, and ideally rubber
coated.

Thanks for any suggestions.

[email protected] March 8th 10 07:32 PM

Hooks - where to buy?

On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 18:29:18 +0000, Simon C. . wrote:

Need 4 hooks. 'S' shaped sort of... but with one of the loops 'closed'
to make an 'O' shape [if that makes sense] so that a rope can be
threaded thru and the hook won't come off.
Need to be pretty strong, about 250kg capacity, and ideally rubber
coated.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Decent Chandlers shop?

Simon C. March 8th 10 09:04 PM

Hooks - where to buy?

Mungo, eric, cicero...

Thanks for the suggestions. Ebay... I always forget ebay. The
machinemart link made me realise that a 'claw hook' would suit better.
I'd like to see the hooks before buying, so iot looks like maybe a
shop that sells some - or a strap/tie-down thing that I can cut the
hooks off.

Thanks again,

Rick Hughes[_3_] March 11th 10 07:03 PM

Hooks - where to buy?

"Simon C." . wrote in message
Need 4 hooks. 'S' shaped sort of... but with one of the loops 'closed'
to make an 'O' shape [if that makes sense] so that a rope can be
threaded thru and the hook won't come off.
Need to be pretty strong, about 250kg capacity, and ideally rubber
coated.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Yacht Chandlery ... plenty of them on-line.

Rubber coated may be a problem, but you could easily add heat shrink.