Sim G.

Default Hooks - where from?

Looking for somewhere to buy some hooks from. Its to secure a
light-ish [15kg] but awkwardly shaped load in the back of a van.
Currently done with seat-belt type webbing on good anchors but hooks
would make it a whole lot easier than threading seat-belts thru. Need
2 with about 30mm opening, and 2 with 15mm. The 'eyes' need to be
about 25mm so I can thread the small buckles thru that I currently
use. Tried B&Q but no luck. Tried a climbing shop for caribinas [sp?]
but they don't open wide enough for the 30mm tube. Some sort of rubber
coating would be nice.

These are mainly to stop it sliding around, it will still have proper
webbing to hold in the event of a crash.

Ta for any suggestions.
Mary Fisher

"Sim G." on@request wrote in message
Looking for somewhere to buy some hooks from. Its to secure a
light-ish [15kg] but awkwardly shaped load in the back of a van.
Currently done with seat-belt type webbing on good anchors but hooks
would make it a whole lot easier than threading seat-belts thru. Need
2 with about 30mm opening, and 2 with 15mm. The 'eyes' need to be
about 25mm so I can thread the small buckles thru that I currently
use. Tried B&Q but no luck. Tried a climbing shop for caribinas [sp?]
but they don't open wide enough for the 30mm tube. Some sort of rubber
coating would be nice.

These are mainly to stop it sliding around, it will still have proper
webbing to hold in the event of a crash.

Ta for any suggestions.

Try a motor factors.

Mary

nightjar

"Sim G." on@request wrote in message
Looking for somewhere to buy some hooks from. Its to secure a
light-ish [15kg] but awkwardly shaped load in the back of a van.
Currently done with seat-belt type webbing on good anchors but hooks
would make it a whole lot easier than threading seat-belts thru. Need
2 with about 30mm opening, and 2 with 15mm. The 'eyes' need to be
about 25mm so I can thread the small buckles thru that I currently
use. Tried B&Q but no luck. Tried a climbing shop for caribinas [sp?]
but they don't open wide enough for the 30mm tube. Some sort of rubber
coating would be nice.

You can buy van load securing rails and webbing from Key Industrial
Equipment in Dorset.

Colin Bignell