Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fkex Seal Liquid Rubber spray ???

Has anyone tried this product? I happened to see a commercial on the TV
this morning.
It looks promising if it does what they say.
https://www.getflexseal.com/flare/next?rtag=myflexseal&
TV commercial video is by the two cans near the bottom.
This is not spam. I have nothing to do with the company.
But I could use it in my gutters that have resisted any leakage stops
with caulk, especially a small leaky joint in a gutter above my sunroom
roof whose drips on the roof below sound like a metronome after a rain.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

I have no experience with the spray product. I have used
elastomeric paint and would highly recommend it. Sticks well,
very flexible, worked out well on metal panels with pin holes.

Your best cure on the gutter would be to open the lap, clean the
lap, use Butyl Rubber caulk. NO SILICONE.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DanG

"willshak" wrote in message
m...
Has anyone tried this product? I happened to see a commercial on
the TV this morning.
It looks promising if it does what they say.
https://www.getflexseal.com/flare/next?rtag=myflexseal&
TV commercial video is by the two cans near the bottom.
This is not spam. I have nothing to do with the company.
But I could use it in my gutters that have resisted any leakage
stops with caulk, especially a small leaky joint in a gutter
above my sunroom roof whose drips on the roof below sound like a
metronome after a rain.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 17, 9:46*am, willshak wrote:
Has anyone tried this product? I happened to see a commercial on the TV
this morning.
It looks promising if it does what they say.https://www.getflexseal.com/flare/next?rtag=myflexseal&
TV commercial video is by the two cans near the bottom.
This is not spam. I have nothing to do with the company.
But I could use it in my gutters that have resisted any leakage stops
with caulk, especially a small leaky joint in a gutter above my sunroom
roof whose drips on the roof below sound like a metronome after a rain.

Can't help you with that product, but have you tried uber-cleaning the
inside of the gutter and using one of the gutter repair tapes? Some
of them have an aluminum layer on top - those will last the longest.
If the gutter is meticulously cleaned beforehand - think repeated
cleanings and ending up with an alcohol wipe - the odds are high for a
long lasting repair with those tapes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Smitty Two wrote the following:
In article , "DanG"
wrote:

I have no experience with the spray product. I have used
elastomeric paint and would highly recommend it. Sticks well,
very flexible, worked out well on metal panels with pin holes.

Your best cure on the gutter would be to open the lap, clean the
lap, use Butyl Rubber caulk. NO SILICONE.

Why no silicone?

I've used silicone in the past. Maybe that's why my joints leak.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683
Posted to alt.home.repair

willshak wrote:
Has anyone tried this product? I happened to see a commercial on the
TV this morning.
It looks promising if it does what they say.
https://www.getflexseal.com/flare/next?rtag=myflexseal&
TV commercial video is by the two cans near the bottom.
This is not spam. I have nothing to do with the company.
But I could use it in my gutters that have resisted any leakage stops
with caulk, especially a small leaky joint in a gutter above my
sunroom roof whose drips on the roof below sound like a metronome
after a rain.

http://www.vintagetrailersupply.com/..._p/vts-138.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 17, 9:46*am, willshak wrote:
Has anyone tried this product? I happened to see a commercial on the TV
this morning.
It looks promising if it does what they say.https://www.getflexseal.com/flare/next?rtag=myflexseal&
TV commercial video is by the two cans near the bottom.
This is not spam. I have nothing to do with the company.
But I could use it in my gutters that have resisted any leakage stops
with caulk, especially a small leaky joint in a gutter above my sunroom
roof whose drips on the roof below sound like a metronome after a rain.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683

There is special caulk for gutters. It works very well.

Jimmie
Posted to alt.home.repair

responding to
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ay-630694-.htm
rubberrick wrote:

Willshack,

I know this is going to be viewed as spam - but i wanted to make you aware
of a product that will fix your problems. AquaGuard Liquid Rubber is
waterbased, non-toxic with zero VOCs. In addition, it is UV Stable - so
it will last for 10+ years in your gutters.

I hope this helps.

@RubberRick

Posted to alt.home.repair

Silicone is VERY difficult to use properly. The only silicone
product that I will use is Dow Corning, especially the 795
formula. It requires special primers depending on the substrates
involved. Homeowner installations that I have to deal with never
stuck to at least one of the surfaces and the stuff cannot be
painted. I can already hear all the DIY folks telling about all
the wonderful things they have done with silicone and the tricks
they have used to get paint to float on top of it. I can show you
failure after failure and serious damage caused by its failure.

There are two caulks that I will use in addition to the Dow
Corning 795 - polyurethane and Titebond metal roof formula.
Trimco, NP1, Sikaseal, and Vulkem are good brands in the
polyurethanes. Titebond metal roof is great stuff.

--
DanG
Keep the whole world singing . . .

"Smitty Two" wrote in message