Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rubber seal for Patio screen door

Hi all,

Does anyone know where can I find rubber seal for Patio screen door? I went
to Lowe's and Home Depot
none of them carry anything like that. What's going on? Do I have to buy
the whole Screen Door?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"pkmicro" wrote in message ...
Hi all,

Does anyone know where can I find rubber seal for Patio screen door? I
went
to Lowe's and Home Depot
none of them carry anything like that. What's going on? Do I have to buy
the whole Screen Door?

Have you contacted the manufacturer of the door?

Are you looking for weather-stripping on the perimeter of the door, the
frame, or both?

Or, are you looking for the seal which some doors (like Pella) use to hold
the screen into the door frame?

Smarty

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 7/22/2008 11:10 PM pkmicro said the following:
Hi all,

Does anyone know where can I find rubber seal for Patio screen door? I went
to Lowe's and Home Depot
none of them carry anything like that. What's going on? Do I have to buy
the whole Screen Door?

Did you ask at the customer service desk? That ( the 'spline'), and
rolls of the replacement screen fabric, are a common product sold in
most well-stocked hardware stores, including the big box stores, where
they are usually sold as a complete, screen, spline, and spline tool
kit. If you haven't got one, the spline installing tool is easier to
use, and less likely to damage anything, unlike using a screwdriver or
other improvised method. You might call around to your local hardware
stores to see if they sell the splines separately, in case you don't
want to buy the whole kit.
Splines come in different diameters, so bring a piece of the old spline
with you to match it.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 7/22/2008 11:47 PM willshak said the following:
[...]

After reading Tony's response to your question, I may have misunderstood
what you were talking about.
If so, Sorry.
If you meant the weatherstrip seal, you might have to contact the door
manufacturer, or find some other weatherstripping that might work.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
in the original Orange County
Posted to alt.home.repair

pkmicro wrote:
Hi all,

Does anyone know where can I find rubber seal for Patio screen door? I went
to Lowe's and Home Depot
none of them carry anything like that. What's going on? Do I have to buy
the whole Screen Door?

try here

http://www.replacementhardware.com/c...ATHERSTRIP.pdf

might be what they call a "flap seal"
Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks for all the response especially Reed. Thanks for the link to the
pictures of the Vinyl Weatherstrip.
Mine is kind of look like the one on page 1(WDV 58). I don't know what is
the minimum order they required?
I went to they website and it says min. order $25.00. I might have to give
them a call tomorrow. I wander why
most of the local hardware store here do not carry them. I live in San
Dimas, California.

"Reed" wrote in message
pkmicro wrote:
Hi all,

Does anyone know where can I find rubber seal for Patio screen door? I

went
to Lowe's and Home Depot
none of them carry anything like that. What's going on? Do I have to

buy
the whole Screen Door?

try here

http://www.replacementhardware.com/c...ATHERSTRIP.pdf

might be what they call a "flap seal"

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 7/23/2008 5:40 AM pkmicro said the following:
Thanks for all the response especially Reed. Thanks for the link to the
pictures of the Vinyl Weatherstrip.
Mine is kind of look like the one on page 1(WDV 58). I don't know what is
the minimum order they required?
I went to they website and it says min. order $25.00. I might have to give
them a call tomorrow. I wander why
most of the local hardware store here do not carry them. I live in San
Dimas, California.

It's probably because there are many door manufacturers, many using
proprietary seals and weatherstripping. You're not likely to go into an
auto parts store and find car door weatherstripping for your particular
car either.

"Reed" wrote in message

pkmicro wrote:

Hi all,

Does anyone know where can I find rubber seal for Patio screen door? I

went

to Lowe's and Home Depot
none of them carry anything like that. What's going on? Do I have to

buy

the whole Screen Door?

try here

http://www.replacementhardware.com/c...ATHERSTRIP.pdf

might be what they call a "flap seal"

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
in the original Orange County

Posted to alt.home.repair

How do you confuse weathersrip seal with the spline used to hold the
screen in place on the door...?Or are some of you just acting stupid...?