nr

Default Patio Screen Door Opening

I have a sliding patio screen door that doesn't seal completely at the
top. It's in the track correctly but there is a noticeable gap. Any
suggestions as to how to seal this to keep the bugs out, but still
allow opening and closing? Also, how can I make it roll easier
(already replaced the rollers)? Thanks for any help.

Usually there are adjusting screws at the edges of the door - 2 on the
bottom and 2 on the top. You should be able to turn the lower screws "in"
to raise the door on the track. You may have to turn the upper screws "out"
to allow the door to rise up. You want the door to be in a position to
cover the opening & then to have the screws snug (not tight) to keep the
door from riding up too much when it is slid.

This may also help with the sticking problem as it will get the door to be
running on the rollers.

You could also check that the tracks the rollers run on are straight & not
clogged with paint as that will impede movement.

If you still have sticking it could be that the door frame is warped or
bent. I know mine got that way when someone walked into the screen & pushed
the door off its tracks.

"nr" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a sliding patio screen door that doesn't seal completely at the
top. It's in the track correctly but there is a noticeable gap. Any
suggestions as to how to seal this to keep the bugs out, but still
allow opening and closing? Also, how can I make it roll easier
(already replaced the rollers)? Thanks for any help.

Goedjn

I have a sliding patio screen door that doesn't seal completely at the
top. It's in the track correctly but there is a noticeable gap. Any
suggestions as to how to seal this to keep the bugs out, but still
allow opening and closing? Also, how can I make it roll easier
(already replaced the rollers)? Thanks for any help.

Is it not closing because the screen panel is warped, or because
the thing doesn't fit up against the house? If the former, a wooden
rod inserted in the fram should force it square, if the latter,
get some of that weather-stripping that's like a bristle-broom
in a metal channel, and attach that to fill/cover the gap.
It can attach to either the door or the frame, whichever looks easier,
and brush the other.