Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Rubber seal for Patio screen door

on 7/22/2008 11:10 PM pkmicro said the following:
Hi all,

Does anyone know where can I find rubber seal for Patio screen door? I went
to Lowe's and Home Depot
none of them carry anything like that. What's going on? Do I have to buy
the whole Screen Door?

Did you ask at the customer service desk? That ( the 'spline'), and
rolls of the replacement screen fabric, are a common product sold in
most well-stocked hardware stores, including the big box stores, where
they are usually sold as a complete, screen, spline, and spline tool
kit. If you haven't got one, the spline installing tool is easier to
use, and less likely to damage anything, unlike using a screwdriver or
other improvised method. You might call around to your local hardware
stores to see if they sell the splines separately, in case you don't
want to buy the whole kit.
Splines come in different diameters, so bring a piece of the old spline
with you to match it.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY