Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UPVC glazing rubber seal

Are these replaceable?
mine appear to have shrunk as they do not seal and the cold winter wind will
be rushing though again this year
Is there a roll of rubber seal I could purchase to do the job?
TIA
--
Vass
'02 YZF-R1

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Vass wrote:
Are these replaceable?
mine appear to have shrunk as they do not seal and the cold winter wind will
be rushing though again this year
Is there a roll of rubber seal I could purchase to do the job?
TIA
--
Vass
'02 YZF-R1

is it round a door closure or the seal that seals around the glass, if
its the latter there are two types (well with what I have played with)
some are stuck to the beading and some are pushed in after the beading
is fitted to "tighten" the glass. in all cases I've seen the rubbers
are replaceable as they squeeze into a T channel.
If they are the ones in the glazing and they are the fixed to beading
type are the beads fitted correclty in the slots, its easy to think
they are in and they will fit but the glass will be slightly loose,
when they click in place correctly they will be super tight, as for the
other type it is the rubber that is squeezed in between the loose bead
and glass tightening everything up, they will be easier to replace

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Staffbull wrote:
Vass wrote:
[...]

I think these are likely to be proprietary to the model of window - do
you know what it is and where it came from? If you have a local uPVC
window supplier it would be worth enquiring there - if they make up the
windows from scratch, they are sure to have rolls of the seals around.
Even if they don't have yours, they are likely to be able to identify it
- if you can't take a sample along, maybe a close-up digital photo would do?

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Staffbull" wrote in message
oups.com...

Vass wrote:
[...]

This is where the opening window, closes on the frame, against a rubber seal
there are metal fittings halfway up, that I guess are supposed to have a
clamp
operation as the window closes, these appear to be doing nothing.
--
Vass
'02 YZF-R1