Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Power Deregulation - any feedback about third party suppliers?

HeyBub wrote:
harry wrote:

Why do you hate children? The pre-teens of Sri Lanka and Bangladesh
are now earning twenty-five cents an hour making sneakers, whereas
before they were living in poverty.- Hide quoted text -

Twenty five cents an hour IS poverty.

Well, yeah, but at least these kids have something they didn't have
befo They have CAPITAL!

Some - possibly most - will splurge with their new-found wealth by
buying ice-cream cones. Others will save and invest their proceeds,
possibly by starting a shoe-shine stand or a pee-wee loan-sharking
operation.
Their future is immeasurably brighter, simply because the western
world allowed them to make the "things" we want.

It's for the children.

Just not OUR children.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob F wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
harry wrote:

Why do you hate children? The pre-teens of Sri Lanka and Bangladesh
are now earning twenty-five cents an hour making sneakers, whereas
before they were living in poverty.- Hide quoted text -

Twenty five cents an hour IS poverty.

Well, yeah, but at least these kids have something they didn't have
befo They have CAPITAL!

Some - possibly most - will splurge with their new-found wealth by
buying ice-cream cones. Others will save and invest their proceeds,
possibly by starting a shoe-shine stand or a pee-wee loan-sharking
operation.
Their future is immeasurably brighter, simply because the western
world allowed them to make the "things" we want.

It's for the children.

Just not OUR children.

If YOUR teen-ager wanted the latest Nike sneaker, you'd have to pay $499.99
for an American-made one instead of a paltry $295.00 for a pair made in
Nigeria.

So YOU and YOUR children benefit.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 18 Mar 2011 16:14:52 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Bob F wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
harry wrote:

[...]

And the total landed cost to produce in Nigeria would be something
less than $29.50, so who is REALLY benefitting???
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 18, 9:14*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
Bob F wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
harry wrote:

[...]

So YOU and YOUR children benefit.- Hide quoted text -

Pure selfishness and greed. Part of theAmerican cult.
BTW where did you get those $numbers Another made up statistic

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 08:00:24 -0500, "HeyBub"

It's for the children.

Just not OUR children.

If YOUR teen-ager wanted the latest Nike sneaker, you'd have to pay
$499.99 for an American-made one instead of a paltry $295.00 for a
pair made in Nigeria.

So YOU and YOUR children benefit.

And the total landed cost to produce in Nigeria would be something
less than $29.50, so who is REALLY benefitting???

As I said, YOUR kids benefit, along with everyone else in the supply chain.

As an aside, if you want the same deal as the importer, I'm pretty sure you
could get it if you bought 100,000 pairs of these Nigerian sneakers.

So you think my kids benefit from someone making 1000% markup?

You are not THAT stupid.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/19/2011 1:06 PM, harry wrote:
On Mar 18, 9:14 pm, wrote:
Bob F wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
harry wrote:

[...]

"heybub" is nothing but pure off the wall nonsense but it worked for you
to get another "its perfect in my fantasy world" American hatred comments.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 16:53:43 -0500, "HeyBub"

And the total landed cost to produce in Nigeria would be something
less than $29.50, so who is REALLY benefitting???

As I said, YOUR kids benefit, along with everyone else in the supply
chain.

As an aside, if you want the same deal as the importer, I'm pretty
sure you could get it if you bought 100,000 pairs of these Nigerian
sneakers.

So you think my kids benefit from someone making 1000% markup?

You are not THAT stupid.

Hell yes, they're benefiting. First, there's the relative benefit. I suggest
that paying $299 for something that would otherwise cost $495 is a benefit.
Second, consider what would happen if your kid had to do without the
latest-style sneaker because the $295/pair model was not available:

He (or she) would become a social outcasts, derided and scorned by
contemporaries. This would inevitably lead to severe lack of esteem and end
up with the child committing suicide or, possibly worse, becoming a
reclusive computer geek.

Third, in a desperate, last-ditch, effort to conform, your child may have to
resort to robbery or theft to obtain those necessary shoes. If this happens,
some innocent person suffers and your child goes to jail.

No, everybody benefits from cheap sneakers.

It's for the children.

BS.
My kids don't buy "high" brand name clothing as a matter of principal.
Never have. One is more diligent about it than the other.
Neither are outcasts or low in self esteem (hey, they are MY kids,
after all) nor are they reclusive.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 19, 10:50*pm, wrote:
[...]

after all) nor are they reclusive.- Hide quoted text -

Well said.
This Nyke cult thing is peer pressure. All peer pressure and other
attempts to enforce conformity need to be resisted. They want you all
to become robots.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 19, 5:56*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
harry wrote:
It's for the children.

Just not OUR children.

If YOUR teen-ager wanted the latest Nike sneaker, you'd have to pay
$499.99 for an American-made one instead of a paltry $295.00 for a
pair made in Nigeria.

So YOU and YOUR children benefit.- Hide quoted text -

Pure selfishness and greed. Part of theAmerican cult.
BTW where did you get those $numbers Another made up statistic

Greed is good.

You have said that before. Repitition doesn't make it correct.
Another Hollywood "education" fantasy film wasn't it?
You need to understand that Hollywood is government lies/propaganda..
But then the stupid are easily duped.
Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:

Greed is good.

You have said that before. Repitition doesn't make it correct.
Another Hollywood "education" fantasy film wasn't it?
You need to understand that Hollywood is government lies/propaganda..
But then the stupid are easily duped.

Long before Hollywood, a learned sage said: "Were it not for greed, no man
would build a home, marry, father children, or engage in commerce."

The religious person would say: "Greed is a normal human emotion, given to
us by God. God does not make junk."

Lastly, consider Jonas Salk peering through his microscope through the long,
dark night. Many of the motives driving him on were altruistic - saving
children from the ravages of Infantile Paralysis. Yet some of his
motivations probably came from those attributes that unthinking people class
as evil: ENVY of his contemporary, Louis Sabin, getting all the publicity,
PRIDE in that people will pat him on the back if he can lick this problem,
and more.

One of these "evil inclinations" was probably GREED. He perhaps said to
himself "If I can solve this, I'll make enough money to do the kind of
research I want to do without having to suck up to the grant dispensers and
bureaucrats!"

So, for many reasons - some classed as "good" and some erroneously classed
as "bad" (greed among them) - Polio has been eradicated in my lifetime and
yours.

Point is, it is not the emotion itself that is to be suppressed, it is the
(sometimes) bad action that can stem from it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 20, 11:54*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
harry wrote:

[...]

"Consider the lilies of the field, they sow not, neither do they reap
yet the lord provideth etc"...

"Covet not thy neighbour's ox nor his ass etc."
Ass being donkey, the correct use of the word.

Don't go down the religious route.
I am not religious but I know my bible.

Tell me which religious person/learned sage said that greed was good.
It wasn't Jesus.
I believe you invent these things.

Your deliberations about Salk are pure speculation, ie something else
you just made up.
Greed is never good. It implies excess and the deprivation of others
that you might have more