Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default Power Deregulation - any feedback about third party suppliers?

On Mar 19, 10:50*pm, wrote:
On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 16:53:43 -0500, "HeyBub"

And the total landed cost to produce in Nigeria would be something
less than $29.50, so who is REALLY benefitting???

As I said, YOUR kids benefit, along with everyone else in the supply
chain.

As an aside, if you want the same deal as the importer, I'm pretty
sure you could get it if you bought 100,000 pairs of these Nigerian
sneakers.

So you think my kids benefit from someone making 1000% markup?

You are not THAT stupid.

Hell yes, they're benefiting. First, there's the relative benefit. I suggest
that paying $299 for something that would otherwise cost $495 is a benefit.
Second, consider what would happen if your kid had to do without the
latest-style sneaker because the $295/pair model was not available:

He (or she) would become a social outcasts, derided and scorned by
contemporaries. This would inevitably lead to severe lack of esteem and end
up with the child committing suicide or, possibly worse, becoming a
reclusive computer geek.

Third, in a desperate, last-ditch, effort to conform, your child may have to
resort to robbery or theft to obtain those necessary shoes. If this happens,
some innocent person suffers and your child goes to jail.

No, everybody benefits from cheap sneakers.

It's for the children.

BS.
My kids don't buy "high" brand name clothing as a matter of principal.
Never have. One is more diligent about it than the other.
Neither are outcasts or low in self esteem (hey, they are MY kids,
after all) nor are they reclusive.- Hide quoted text -

Well said.
This Nyke cult thing is peer pressure. All peer pressure and other
attempts to enforce conformity need to be resisted. They want you all
to become robots.