Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Power Deregulation - any feedback about third party suppliers?

harry wrote:

Greed is good.

You have said that before. Repitition doesn't make it correct.
Another Hollywood "education" fantasy film wasn't it?
You need to understand that Hollywood is government lies/propaganda..
But then the stupid are easily duped.

Long before Hollywood, a learned sage said: "Were it not for greed, no man
would build a home, marry, father children, or engage in commerce."

The religious person would say: "Greed is a normal human emotion, given to
us by God. God does not make junk."

Lastly, consider Jonas Salk peering through his microscope through the long,
dark night. Many of the motives driving him on were altruistic - saving
children from the ravages of Infantile Paralysis. Yet some of his
motivations probably came from those attributes that unthinking people class
as evil: ENVY of his contemporary, Louis Sabin, getting all the publicity,
PRIDE in that people will pat him on the back if he can lick this problem,
and more.

One of these "evil inclinations" was probably GREED. He perhaps said to
himself "If I can solve this, I'll make enough money to do the kind of
research I want to do without having to suck up to the grant dispensers and
bureaucrats!"

So, for many reasons - some classed as "good" and some erroneously classed
as "bad" (greed among them) - Polio has been eradicated in my lifetime and
yours.

Point is, it is not the emotion itself that is to be suppressed, it is the
(sometimes) bad action that can stem from it.