Posted to alt.home.repair
KOS KOS is offline

Default Bathroom Remodel Question: buying different toilet than pedestal--different company.. problem?

Hi I am remodeling a bathroom. The pedestal i will be using is a
totally different brand Kohler than the toilet I will be using..
Reason, the Toto toilet flushes better than the Cimaron by Kohler...
But I dont like the toto pedestal.. They are virtually the same
color.... Has anyone done something similar, that is using different
companies for pedestal and toilet thanks!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 13, 10:55*am, KOS wrote:
Hi I am remodeling a bathroom. *The pedestal i will be using is a
totally different brand Kohler than the toilet I will be using..
Reason, the Toto toilet flushes better than the Cimaron by Kohler...
But I dont like the toto pedestal.. They are virtually the same
color.... Has anyone done something similar, that is using different
companies for pedestal and toilet thanks!

By "pedestal" I assume you mean "pedestal sink".

Why would it matter as long as they match - or at a minimum, satisfy
you in the way they look?

It's not as if the operation of the toilet impacts the operation of
the sink or vice-versus or that you'll be exchanging parts.

I have a Kohler tub and surround, an American Standard toilet and an I-
don't-know-my-wife-bought-it-at-Lowes pedestal sink.

So far they seem to be getting along just fine.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"KOS" wrote in message
Hi I am remodeling a bathroom. The pedestal i will be using is a
totally different brand Kohler than the toilet I will be using..
Reason, the Toto toilet flushes better than the Cimaron by Kohler...
But I dont like the toto pedestal.. They are virtually the same
color.... Has anyone done something similar, that is using different
companies for pedestal and toilet thanks!

They will never be compatible, and will never get along, fighting in the
dark like two cats locked in the garage.

But, as long as you like the way they look, what's the dif?

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Might be a violation of union regs. Suppose the toilet asks the sink
"does this toilet seat make peoples butt look big?" and the sink
answers honestly "I'm upstanding, and would never s--t you". You could
have an argument on your hands that could last for years. When the
toilet says "I wash my hands of you" and the sink replies "you're full
of s--t and your bowl sucks, too" and oh, gosh. I may have to go lie
down and rest, with all this anguish.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"KOS" wrote in message
Hi I am remodeling a bathroom. The pedestal i will be using is a
totally different brand Kohler than the toilet I will be using..
Reason, the Toto toilet flushes better than the Cimaron by Kohler...
But I dont like the toto pedestal.. They are virtually the same
color.... Has anyone done something similar, that is using different
companies for pedestal and toilet thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"KOS" wrote in message
Hi I am remodeling a bathroom. The pedestal i will be using is a
totally different brand Kohler than the toilet I will be using..
Reason, the Toto toilet flushes better than the Cimaron by Kohler...
But I dont like the toto pedestal.. They are virtually the same
color.... Has anyone done something similar, that is using different
companies for pedestal and toilet thanks!

You can't even trust "white" made by two different companies to match
anymore.

Sometimes you can't even come close in the color match. We have a house in
which the stuff in the power room was YELLOW.

The toilet developed a leak. No way in hell is it possible to color match
a 20 year old sink but the leaking toilet was replaced with a white model.
If and when we get tired of the yellow sink, it will be replaced with a
WHITE model.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 14, 12:01*am, "John Gilmer" wrote:
"KOS" wrote in message

[...]

Oh, come on, how hard can it be to match whites? White is white,
right?

According to this wbesite, "Benjamin Moore...has 140 shades of white
in its palette, ranging from the purest white to those with buttery
warm undertones and to the coolest blue undertones."

http://www.sideroad.com/Interior_Dec...ite-walls.html

Bathroom Remodel II packat Home Repair 5 September 8th 09 02:48 PM
Bathroom remodel packat Home Repair 9 September 2nd 09 11:22 PM
bathroom remodel mozza Home Repair 2 June 24th 08 04:30 AM
Toilet sink / pedestal Steven Campbell UK diy 7 October 13th 05 08:34 PM
Bathroom remodel Wingman Home Repair 5 September 12th 05 04:21 PM