Posted to alt.home.repair

Default bathroom remodel

in the process of bath room demo and remodel, job is almost completed and am
about to install a new toilet set

in looking at the floor connection where the waxring is seated and lower
section of toilet is attached, it is rather badly rusted.

is there something I may do before I attach the new toilet set, since the
drainline is now exposed and everything is clean and new? should I consider
patching the ring/waxseal area with something like royal jelly? use an epoxy
bond after sanding rust away? something else?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 23, 10:31*am, "mozza" wrote:
in the process of bath room demo and remodel, job is almost completed and am
about to install a new toilet set

in looking at the floor connection where the waxring is seated and lower
section of toilet is attached, it is rather badly rusted.

is there something I may do before I attach the new toilet set, since the
drainline is now exposed and everything is clean and new? should I consider
patching the ring/waxseal area with something like royal jelly? use an epoxy
bond after sanding rust away? something else?

Depends on what you mean by badly rusted. If it is just the entire
surface is rusted that is common and nothing needs to be done. If it
is rusted through and crumbling then you need to replace the flange.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Limp Arbor wrote in
:

On Jun 23, 10:31*am, "mozza" wrote:
[...]

....and if it is badly rusted and weakened and you don't replace it, you
may find when you tighten the toilet down it bends up being pulled. Or,
later you may find the toilet rocks and you cannot tighten it.

NOTE NOTE NOTE. Remember to take the rag out of the ******** before
putting new toilet on! Murphy says rag will go way in to next elbow then
jamb and block.

Bathroom remodel Brent Bolin Home Repair 0 April 20th 08 02:43 AM
Bathroom remodel [email protected] Home Repair 1 July 19th 07 02:43 PM
Bathroom Remodel Advice [email protected] Home Repair 0 August 7th 06 03:03 PM
Bathroom remodel Wingman Home Repair 5 September 12th 05 04:21 PM
bathroom remodel questions to ask please nh consumer Home Repair 6 January 23rd 05 08:23 PM