nh consumer

Default bathroom remodel questions to ask please

We are having 2 local remodelers come to quote on a remodel for our
bath. Can you please advise what questions to ask them?
We are remodeling the whole thing, oh, should we have the floor done
first by a flooring person? it will be linoleum.

bathtub/shower 1 unit
would like 2 sink vanity - but 1 now
toilet

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Charles Spitzer

"Speedy Jim" wrote in message
nh consumer wrote:

We are having 2 local remodelers come to quote on a remodel for our
bath. Can you please advise what questions to ask them?
We are remodeling the whole thing, oh, should we have the floor done
first by a flooring person? it will be linoleum.

bathtub/shower 1 unit
would like 2 sink vanity - but 1 now
toilet

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Yes, the floor gets done first. After the entire room gets gutted.
Or, maybe after the tub/shower goes in. Is there room to
maneuver a 1-pc tub/shower in?

Important step: Figure out how you will get along without
that bathroom for 2/3 months. Can't stand to do that?
Then write penalty clauses into the contract.

Jim

floor goes last.

Speedy Jim

Charles Spitzer wrote:
"Speedy Jim" wrote in message

nh consumer wrote:

We are having 2 local remodelers come to quote on a remodel for our
bath. Can you please advise what questions to ask them?
We are remodeling the whole thing, oh, should we have the floor done
first by a flooring person? it will be linoleum.

bathtub/shower 1 unit
would like 2 sink vanity - but 1 now
toilet

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Yes, the floor gets done first. After the entire room gets gutted.
Or, maybe after the tub/shower goes in. Is there room to
maneuver a 1-pc tub/shower in?

Important step: Figure out how you will get along without
that bathroom for 2/3 months. Can't stand to do that?
Then write penalty clauses into the contract.

Jim

floor goes last.

Ummmmmmmmm. Much better to have toilet and vanity
set *on top* of the flooring mtl, rather than cut around them.
IMHO

Jim
J Kelly

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 14:37:55 -0700, "Charles Spitzer"
wrote:

"Speedy Jim" wrote in message
nh consumer wrote:

We are having 2 local remodelers come to quote on a remodel for our
bath. Can you please advise what questions to ask them?
We are remodeling the whole thing, oh, should we have the floor done
first by a flooring person? it will be linoleum.

bathtub/shower 1 unit
would like 2 sink vanity - but 1 now
toilet

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Yes, the floor gets done first. After the entire room gets gutted.
Or, maybe after the tub/shower goes in. Is there room to
maneuver a 1-pc tub/shower in?

Important step: Figure out how you will get along without
that bathroom for 2/3 months. Can't stand to do that?
Then write penalty clauses into the contract.

Jim

floor goes last.

No, toilet goes after floor.

nh consumer

thanks! appreciate it!

Chris Perdue

From: "Charles Spitzer"

"Speedy Jim"

Yes, the floor gets done first. After the entire room gets gutted.
Or, maybe after the tub/shower goes in

floor goes last.

it is always best to have the floor done first..too many people try to do the
floor last either to "save money" by not tiling/etc under vanities or to help
prevent damage to new floor...this is all fine and dandy for short term, but in
the future any change in configuration will *require* the floor be replaced
also...if a floor goes down "last" and you develop a toilet leak you usually do
not know it untill the toilet is about to fall through the floor....

Bathroom fans improperly vented jeff Home Repair 11 June 4th 04 05:30 PM
Bathroom Mirror. Terry Home Repair 2 May 2nd 04 10:42 PM
Bathroom Renovation questions dgk Home Repair 9 February 29th 04 01:17 AM
Plumbing drain/wall sizing questions in US bath remodel Wayne Whitney Home Repair 5 January 28th 04 05:01 PM
Ventilation Problem in Bathroom Paula Home Ownership 5 October 11th 03 08:29 AM