Posted to alt.home.repair
Limp Arbor Limp Arbor is offline

Default bathroom remodel

On Jun 23, 10:31*am, "mozza" wrote:
in the process of bath room demo and remodel, job is almost completed and am
about to install a new toilet set

in looking at the floor connection where the waxring is seated and lower
section of toilet is attached, it is rather badly rusted.

is there something I may do before I attach the new toilet set, since the
drainline is now exposed and everything is clean and new? should I consider
patching the ring/waxseal area with something like royal jelly? use an epoxy
bond after sanding rust away? something else?

Depends on what you mean by badly rusted. If it is just the entire
surface is rusted that is common and nothing needs to be done. If it
is rusted through and crumbling then you need to replace the flange.