Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kinetico filtes

I think I should change the filters in my Kinetico under the sink RO filter.
These are 3+ years old, probably going on 7.

It is a K2 model by the plate on it. It has three cylindrical filters, all
held in place with twist on covers. They are about two inches in diameter
and a foot long.

Are these available at HD or Walmart, or must one go to Kinetico and pay too
much? What is the process for changing these. I'm sure to turn off the
water, but how about that pressure tank. Just close the valve, I am
ASS-U-MING.

Tried manualsonline.com but they don't have a manual for it. Will keep
searching. Anyone know where I can get a manual?

Is there a procedure for backflushing these?

Help and tips appreciated.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 08:44:51 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

I think I should change the filters in my Kinetico under the sink RO filter.
These are 3+ years old, probably going on 7.

It is a K2 model by the plate on it. It has three cylindrical filters, all
held in place with twist on covers. They are about two inches in diameter
and a foot long.

Are these available at HD or Walmart, or must one go to Kinetico and pay too
much? What is the process for changing these. I'm sure to turn off the
water, but how about that pressure tank. Just close the valve, I am
ASS-U-MING.

Tried manualsonline.com but they don't have a manual for it. Will keep
searching. Anyone know where I can get a manual?

Is there a procedure for backflushing these?

Help and tips appreciated.

Steve

This PDF link gives the specs for the filters. Get the correct
micron sizes and _types_ (carbon, etc.) I'm guessing many/most filters
are made by a few companies, so they would be interchangeable?

http://www.bluefountainwater.com/k-2.pdf

A splash of bleach in each filter canister, then rinsed out will kill
any smell or cooties.

I turn the tank off as it is under pressure and would leak... YMMV

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Note that each filter housing holds a distinctly different gizmo, so
don't mix them up. I have a TDS (total dissolved solids) meter that's
useful for checking water quality, but my unit has a built-in "red light
/ green light" test button, also.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Turned off water. Turned off the ninety to the tank. Took off the filters.
They are sealed. Three of them. Called Kinetico, and he said only needed
to change two. $80 for two. Not available at the HD I went to. Going to
Vegas Saturday, will check there, and at Lowe's. I think they're
proprietary, as this system is 3 years old.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Learn how to care for a friend.
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 21:32:52 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

You might call Hanson's Water in Vegas. They might just have those
filters...

Kinetico Taste IslandRick Home Repair 2 July 28th 10 10:31 PM
Kinetico water softener opinions Steve B Home Repair 11 May 21st 07 04:29 AM
Kinetico 2020c salt usage? Christiaan Keet UK diy 25 September 6th 06 12:37 PM
Kinetico Water Softeners chad Home Repair 7 August 1st 05 12:07 AM
Gulfstream 2000 & KInetico 2020 Renster UK diy 3 April 20th 05 11:00 AM