Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 110 to door bell?

I have some neighbor kids who ring the door bell, then haul ass.

I'd like to wire it, so when they push the bell, they get shocked. How do I
wire a live wire to the buzzer?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sonny wrote:
I have some neighbor kids who ring the door bell, then haul ass.

I'd like to wire it, so when they push the bell, they get shocked. How do I
wire a live wire to the buzzer?

Thanks in advance.

Why not get a furnace transformer and put 20,000 volts to the door bell?

--
LSMFT

I look outside this morning and everything was in 3D!
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Sonny" wrote in
:

I have some neighbor kids who ring the door bell, then haul ass.

I'd like to wire it, so when they push the bell, they get shocked. How
do I wire a live wire to the buzzer?

Thanks in advance.

Contact this person. Doorbell jokesters, pesky politicians, Halloween
pests, Amway Idiots, Jehovah's Witnesses, etc. One tool does it all.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tesla1000/98272227

Customize your needs: http://tinyurl.com/36o5kmh
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Sonny" wrote in message
I have some neighbor kids who ring the door bell, then haul ass.

I'd like to wire it, so when they push the bell, they get shocked. How do
wire a live wire to the buzzer?

Thanks in advance.

Easily done, just ask your lawyer about it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Sonny" wrote:

I have some neighbor kids who ring the door bell, then haul ass.

I'd like to wire it, so when they push the bell, they get shocked. How do I
wire a live wire to the buzzer?

Thanks in advance.

A shock? That's the best you can do? You must be in fourth grade, right?
A real man would wire the doorbell so that it activates a trap door
above a pool of boiling acid. Or a scythe that slices the perps legs off
at the knee.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Sonny" wrote in message
I have some neighbor kids who ring the door bell, then haul ass.

I'd like to wire it, so when they push the bell, they get shocked. How do

wire a live wire to the buzzer?

Thanks in advance.

Do you think you'll be able to write us from prison when you electrocute a
kid, a postman, a deputy sheriff or any one of a dozen different people who
might legitmately ring your bell? Criminal and civil liabilities abound.
In other words, besides going to jail, you'll have to file for bankruptcy if
you're lucky enough to kill someone.

Just in case you aren't a troll, a 110VAC connection to a doorbell can be
quite lethal if the person's standing in a puddle or is holding onto a
grounded metal screen door with one hand so the shock passes through the
chest.

Get a motion sensor and a sprinkler controlled by electrically operated
valve (X-10 is great for this). When they approach your front door, the
sprinkler valve is energized and they get soaked before they ever reach your
door. Works great on dogs and cats ****ting on your lawn and won't get you
a manslaughter beef if you accidentally soak the postman. You can get
creative and spray other types of liquids with the right equipment.

Probably the best thing to do is to put in a CCTV cam to get some footage of
them to show their parents, but these days, parents aren't likely much to
care even if you show them video of their kids smashing your car with a
hammer. If they're pushing your buttons now, soon they'll be up to worse
mischief. I just bought a Taser because some drunken moron was pounding on
the door the other day, thinking he was two houses down from where he lived.
Oh, how I would have liked to give him 80KV for 30 seconds and shock some
sense into him. Always keep a tire iron wiped of your prints in a plastic
bag near the door so that you can arm any intruder just in case. Knock
some dents in the door with it, too, to make sure it was clear he took some
serious swings at you and you were in fear for your life.

Disclaimer: All advice is completely unrealistic and should be not be
followed by law-abiding or sane citizens.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 25-Sep-10 06:46, Sonny wrote:
I have some neighbor kids who ring the door bell, then haul ass.

I'd like to wire it, so when they push the bell, they get shocked. How do I
wire a live wire to the buzzer?

Candies to the kids! Trick or treat?

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.35.5
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Sep 24, 5:46*pm, "Sonny" wrote:
I have some neighbor kids who ring the door bell, then haul ass.

I'd like to wire it, so when they push the bell, they get shocked. How do I
wire a live wire to the buzzer?

Thanks in advance.

1) Go down to your nearest farm supply store and buy a low cost
electric fence charger. A proven technology with little aftereffect on
the protagonist. Take the button out of the circuit, of course.
2) Connect your door bell to an X10 device to turn on the porch
(whatever) light. Try to avoid the temptation to use a hidden blasting
cap instead.
3) Install multiple phony door bell buttons, some lighted, others
not.
4) Place a sticky coated mat where the perp would stand to push the
button. Roofing tar is cheap...
Have fun.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 19:05:12 -0400, LSMFT wrote:

Sonny wrote:
I have some neighbor kids who ring the door bell, then haul ass.

I'd like to wire it, so when they push the bell, they get shocked. How
do I wire a live wire to the buzzer?

Thanks in advance.

Why not get a furnace transformer and put 20,000 volts to the door bell?

You may have to clean the front porch :-)

--
91 days until The winter celebration (Saturday December 25, 2010
12:00:00 AM).

"Religion is for those who don't have faith in themselves."
Posted to alt.home.repair

Sonny wrote:
I have some neighbor kids who ring the door bell, then haul ass.

I'd like to wire it, so when they push the bell, they get shocked. How
do I wire a live wire to the buzzer?

Thanks in advance.

Why not get a furnace transformer and put 20,000 volts to the door bell?

You may have to clean the front porch :-)

Gotta learn to pick your battles. Disconnect it for a few days- they'll
get bored and move on. Any real visitors will figure it out and knock.
Too bad Google group search is broken- this very topic comes up 3-4
times a year, and the general opinion is that the few moments of
satisfaction are not worth what the lawyer costs, and the jail time.

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"aemeijers" wrote
Gotta learn to pick your battles. Disconnect it for a few days- they'll
get bored and move on. Any real visitors will figure it out and knock.
Too bad Google group search is broken- this very topic comes up 3-4 times
a year, and the general opinion is that the few moments of satisfaction
are not worth what the lawyer costs, and the jail time.

Our doorbell broke soon after we moved here in 1981. Fixed it for a year
but it broke again (power surge) last June. People that know us know to
come to the side door anyway. Probably won't replace it again.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sonny wrote:
I have some neighbor kids who ring the door bell, then haul ass.

I'd like to wire it, so when they push the bell, they get shocked.
How do I wire a live wire to the buzzer?

Thanks in advance.

You can get a camera from HF

http://www.harborfreight.com/weather...ion-47546.html

The camera, coupled with an $11.00 video card, allows you to record
everything that happens at your front door.

With this evidence, you can let your state government electrocute the
miscreants (or stick 'em with a needle, or whatever).

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/26/2010 7:14 AM, HeyBub wrote:
Sonny wrote:
I have some neighbor kids who ring the door bell, then haul ass.

I'd like to wire it, so when they push the bell, they get shocked.
How do I wire a live wire to the buzzer?

Thanks in advance.

You can get a camera from HF

http://www.harborfreight.com/weather...ion-47546.html

The camera, coupled with an $11.00 video card, allows you to record
everything that happens at your front door.

With this evidence, you can let your state government electrocute the
miscreants (or stick 'em with a needle, or whatever).

I'd rather scare them than kill them, less stuff to hose off the porch.
Years ago I recorded a friends 180lb Malamute barking and when the tape
was slowed to its lowest speed, it sounded like the biggest, baddest,
most terrifying monster one could imagine. Something like that triggered
by the door bell button might work on the kiddies.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

many years ago i tired of a knick knocker , tow brothers who became a
irritant.

So I found a old halloween mask and waited while they approached, the
younger one couldnt of been more than 5.

I waited behind the door came out growling and scared the kid to
death, he went running down the street screaming with me in close
pursuit.

his dad came out wondering what was up./

I told dad of his kids activities, and dad apologized.

perhaps 20 years later the family wasv moving the son now in his 20s
back from college asked me if i rembered it.

oh sure

The brothers did they said their backsides sure did

Nice family and a fun ending

Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
Harry A typed:

Sonny wrote:
I have some neighbor kids who ring the door bell, then
haul ass.

I'd like to wire it, so when they push the bell, they get
shocked. How do I wire a live wire to the buzzer?

Thanks in advance.

Why not get a furnace transformer and put 20,000 volts to
the door bell?

You may have to clean the front porch :-)

But at least not so many bodes would pile up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

?

wrote in message
many years ago i tired of a knick knocker , tow brothers who became a
irritant.

So I found a old halloween mask and waited while they approached, the
younger one couldnt of been more than 5.

I waited behind the door came out growling and scared the kid to
death, he went running down the street screaming with me in close
pursuit.

his dad came out wondering what was up./

I told dad of his kids activities, and dad apologized.

perhaps 20 years later the family wasv moving the son now in his 20s
back from college asked me if i rembered it.

oh sure

The brothers did they said their backsides sure did

Nice family and a fun ending

One of the better things about growing older is following past neighbors,
friends and their kids to see what is happening. One gal we lived near had
a very busy daughter who pulled pranks on us neighbors continually. She was
a smart kid, but a bit of a hellion, as they say. Her poor Mom was always
grounding her, spanking her and later on, hiding the keys to the car. The
girl is now a full Colonel in the military and is being considered for a
General rank. Her mother enjoys telling people that she'll one of the
privileged few who can brag about having spanked the butt of a General.

Mark

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sonny wrote:
I have some neighbor kids who ring the door bell, then haul ass.

I'd like to wire it, so when they push the bell, they get shocked. How do I
wire a live wire to the buzzer?

Thanks in advance.

I had a night light plugged into the 110V outlet on the front porch.
The kids kept stealing them, I finally covered the sides with grease
from the grease gun, and it lasted until I wired the porch lights with a
motion detector. I think I also might have glued it, I don't remember
if I did that our not. I thought about running some small wires from
the prongs to the side but decided I'd probably better not do that. The
motion detectors wired to the porch lights and the lights under the
carport seem have solved a lot of problems.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I had a coworker who had dogs getting into his garbage can.

He wired it up, 220 I think.

It did kill the dog. But it turned out it was his own dog.

door bell Janice UK diy 14 April 9th 09 09:20 PM
Door bell Terry Home Repair 10 August 23rd 07 04:06 PM
obnoxious door bell Bob Home Repair 14 June 13th 07 10:45 PM
Door bell cover miamicuse Home Repair 9 November 15th 06 01:42 AM
Cordless Door Bell David Lang UK diy 15 August 9th 05 01:26 PM