Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Door bell cover

I need a replacement cover plate for my door bell. The current plate is
metallic chrome but it's all corroded. It has the same size as standard
cover plate for light switches. I removed it and there is a box behind it
and there are two screws on the cover plate about 3.25" apart.

I tried to find a replacement plate at home centers like HD, Lowes etc... no
luck. Then I started looking at specialty hardware store - higher end ones,
nothing, all of them are of unique sizes, either too small or not the right
shape to cover the hole of the box. I just need something simple and
standard and no one has it. Then I searched on line and did not find any
either.

Anyone has any suggestions?

MC

Posted to alt.home.repair

MiamiCuse wrote:
I need a replacement cover plate for my door bell. The current plate is
metallic chrome but it's all corroded. It has the same size as standard
cover plate for light switches. I removed it and there is a box behind it
and there are two screws on the cover plate about 3.25" apart.

I tried to find a replacement plate at home centers like HD, Lowes etc... no
luck. Then I started looking at specialty hardware store - higher end ones,
nothing, all of them are of unique sizes, either too small or not the right
shape to cover the hole of the box. I just need something simple and
standard and no one has it. Then I searched on line and did not find any
either.

Anyone has any suggestions?

MC

go to http://www.acehardware.com
search on item# 33146
is that what you want ???
Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Try this one:
http://www.twaathome.com/catalog/mod...F DA&pid=2001

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
I need a replacement cover plate for my door bell. The current plate is
metallic chrome but it's all corroded. It has the same size as standard
cover plate for light switches. I removed it and there is a box behind it
and there are two screws on the cover plate about 3.25" apart.

I tried to find a replacement plate at home centers like HD, Lowes etc...
no luck. Then I started looking at specialty hardware store - higher end
ones, nothing, all of them are of unique sizes, either too small or not
the right shape to cover the hole of the box. I just need something
simple and standard and no one has it. Then I searched on line and did
not find any either.

Anyone has any suggestions?

MC

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sat, 4 Nov 2006 18:43:36 -0500, "MiamiCuse"
wrote:

I need a replacement cover plate for my door bell. The current plate is
metallic chrome but it's all corroded. It has the same size as standard
cover plate for light switches. I removed it and there is a box behind it

For your door bell or door bell button?

and there are two screws on the cover plate about 3.25" apart.

I tried to find a replacement plate at home centers like HD, Lowes etc... no
luck. Then I started looking at specialty hardware store - higher end ones,
nothing, all of them are of unique sizes, either too small or not the right
shape to cover the hole of the box. I just need something simple and
standard and no one has it. Then I searched on line and did not find any
either.

Anyone has any suggestions?

MC

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I need a replacement cover plate for my door bell. The current plate is
metallic chrome but it's all corroded. It has the same size as standard
cover plate for light switches. I removed it and there is a box behind it

For your door bell or door bell button?

and there are two screws on the cover plate about 3.25" apart.

I tried to find a replacement plate at home centers like HD, Lowes etc... no
luck. Then I started looking at specialty hardware store - higher end ones,
nothing, all of them are of unique sizes, either too small or not the right
shape to cover the hole of the box. I just need something simple and
standard and no one has it. Then I searched on line and did not find any
either.

Anyone has any suggestions?

MC

This company sells the most expensive doorbell buttons I've ever seen.
Check it out:

http://www.yourdoorbell.com/

Beachcomber

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Beachcomber" wrote in message

This company sells the most expensive doorbell buttons I've ever seen.

Check it out:

Yeah but you have to take into consideration that the screws are included.
;(

PS, Seriously, they are probably selling them to the Pentagon.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 18:19:17 GMT, (Beachcomber)
wrote:

This company sells the most expensive doorbell buttons I've ever seen.
Check it out:

http://www.yourdoorbell.com/

Frankly, I like my 2 dollar illuminated doorbell button better than
the ?art deco? stainless steel ones for 80 to 115 dollars. Even if I
have to replace mine every 20 years.

Beachcomber

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

This company sells the most expensive doorbell buttons I've ever seen.
Check it out:

http://www.yourdoorbell.com/

Frankly, I like my 2 dollar illuminated doorbell button better than
the ?art deco? stainless steel ones for 80 to 115 dollars. Even if I
have to replace mine every 20 years.

What knockers! Here is another fine site I found for those of you who
call yourself doorbell snobs. Still expensive, but a bit cheaper than
"yourdoorbell.com".

http://www.designerhardware.com/Clic...ideas_s/68.htm

Beachcomber

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

This company sells the most expensive doorbell buttons I've ever seen.
Check it out:

http://www.yourdoorbell.com/

Frankly, I like my 2 dollar illuminated doorbell button better than
the ?art deco? stainless steel ones for 80 to 115 dollars. Even if I
have to replace mine every 20 years.

I still gotta find someone to weld the jaws of a wolftrap
open for my doorbell....

Posted to alt.home.repair

door bell. . . the same size as standard
cover plate for light switches. Anyone has any suggestions?

MC

Try www.doorbellfactory.com

pb