DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Door bell cover (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/181504-door-bell-cover.html)

miamicuse November 4th 06 11:43 PM

Door bell cover

I need a replacement cover plate for my door bell. The current plate is
metallic chrome but it's all corroded. It has the same size as standard
cover plate for light switches. I removed it and there is a box behind it
and there are two screws on the cover plate about 3.25" apart.

I tried to find a replacement plate at home centers like HD, Lowes etc... no
luck. Then I started looking at specialty hardware store - higher end ones,
nothing, all of them are of unique sizes, either too small or not the right
shape to cover the hole of the box. I just need something simple and
standard and no one has it. Then I searched on line and did not find any
either.

Anyone has any suggestions?

MC

Reed November 5th 06 12:12 AM

Door bell cover

MiamiCuse wrote:
I need a replacement cover plate for my door bell. The current plate is
metallic chrome but it's all corroded. It has the same size as standard
cover plate for light switches. I removed it and there is a box behind it
and there are two screws on the cover plate about 3.25" apart.

I tried to find a replacement plate at home centers like HD, Lowes etc... no
luck. Then I started looking at specialty hardware store - higher end ones,
nothing, all of them are of unique sizes, either too small or not the right
shape to cover the hole of the box. I just need something simple and
standard and no one has it. Then I searched on line and did not find any
either.

Anyone has any suggestions?

MC

go to http://www.acehardware.com
search on item# 33146
is that what you want ???

RBM November 5th 06 12:57 AM

Door bell cover

Try this one:
http://www.twaathome.com/catalog/mod...F DA&pid=2001

mm November 5th 06 09:49 AM

Door bell cover

On Sat, 4 Nov 2006 18:43:36 -0500, "MiamiCuse"
wrote:

I need a replacement cover plate for my door bell. The current plate is
metallic chrome but it's all corroded. It has the same size as standard
cover plate for light switches. I removed it and there is a box behind it

For your door bell or door bell button?

Beachcomber November 5th 06 06:19 PM

Door bell cover

wrote:

I need a replacement cover plate for my door bell. The current plate is
metallic chrome but it's all corroded. It has the same size as standard
cover plate for light switches. I removed it and there is a box behind it

For your door bell or door bell button?

and there are two screws on the cover plate about 3.25" apart.

I tried to find a replacement plate at home centers like HD, Lowes etc... no
luck. Then I started looking at specialty hardware store - higher end ones,
nothing, all of them are of unique sizes, either too small or not the right
shape to cover the hole of the box. I just need something simple and
standard and no one has it. Then I searched on line and did not find any
either.

Anyone has any suggestions?

MC

This company sells the most expensive doorbell buttons I've ever seen.
Check it out:

http://www.yourdoorbell.com/

Beachcomber

Rob Mills November 6th 06 05:00 AM

Door bell cover

"Beachcomber" wrote in message

This company sells the most expensive doorbell buttons I've ever seen.

Check it out:

Yeah but you have to take into consideration that the screws are included.
;(

PS, Seriously, they are probably selling them to the Pentagon. :)

mm November 6th 06 06:30 AM

Door bell cover

On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 18:19:17 GMT, (Beachcomber)
wrote:

This company sells the most expensive doorbell buttons I've ever seen.
Check it out:

http://www.yourdoorbell.com/

Frankly, I like my 2 dollar illuminated doorbell button better than
the ?art deco? stainless steel ones for 80 to 115 dollars. Even if I
have to replace mine every 20 years.

Beachcomber

Beachcomber November 6th 06 07:10 AM

Door bell cover

wrote:

This company sells the most expensive doorbell buttons I've ever seen.
Check it out:

http://www.yourdoorbell.com/

Frankly, I like my 2 dollar illuminated doorbell button better than
the ?art deco? stainless steel ones for 80 to 115 dollars. Even if I
have to replace mine every 20 years.

What knockers! Here is another fine site I found for those of you who
call yourself doorbell snobs. Still expensive, but a bit cheaper than
"yourdoorbell.com".

http://www.designerhardware.com/Clic...ideas_s/68.htm

Beachcomber

Goedjn November 6th 06 05:05 PM

Door bell cover

wrote:

This company sells the most expensive doorbell buttons I've ever seen.
Check it out:

http://www.yourdoorbell.com/

Frankly, I like my 2 dollar illuminated doorbell button better than
the ?art deco? stainless steel ones for 80 to 115 dollars. Even if I
have to replace mine every 20 years.

I still gotta find someone to weld the jaws of a wolftrap
open for my doorbell....

[email protected] November 15th 06 01:42 AM

Door bell cover

door bell. . . the same size as standard
cover plate for light switches. Anyone has any suggestions?

MC

Try www.doorbellfactory.com

pb