Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Default obnoxious door bell

This might sound strange but has anyone know where I can buy a really
obnoxiously loud door bell? I have been searching online and can't find
much. The musical tone ones I have seen at homedepot and the like are kind
of wimpy. A fog horn or loud bell would do nicely.

I know most people in here shop in home type stores and I though someone may
have come across something like this.

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 09:19:05 -0400, "Bob" wrote:

This might sound strange but has anyone know where I can buy a really
obnoxiously loud door bell? I have been searching online and can't find
much. The musical tone ones I have seen at homedepot and the like are kind
of wimpy. A fog horn or loud bell would do nicely.

I know most people in here shop in home type stores and I though someone may
have come across something like this.

Thanks

It might be in the electrical department and not the doorbell
department but I think they still sell the bells with a round bell and
a metal clapper on the side. There are at least two sizes. The small
one is about 4 inhces high. See if you can buy the large one.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

On Jun 12, 9:19 am, "Bob" wrote:
This might sound strange but has anyone know where I can buy a really
obnoxiously loud door bell? I have been searching online and can't find
much. The musical tone ones I have seen at homedepot and the like are kind
of wimpy. A fog horn or loud bell would do nicely.

I know most people in here shop in home type stores and I though someone may
have come across something like this.

Thanks

Go to an electrical supply shop and get a timed-relay. When you push
the doorbell button, you trip the relay and the adjustable timer will
trip whatever you have hooked up to it for as as long as you'd like.
Then hookup whatever you'd like -- maybe a TV tuned to Jerry Springer
or something.

I have might set up slightly differently (but sometimes a little
annoyingly). When my motion detector goes turns on (day or night), it
triggers the doorbell. So my doorbell goes off while the person is
coming up the driveway. But windy days it will sometimes right just
to be annoying (if leaves or something trip the motion detector).

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob wrote:
This might sound strange but has anyone know where I can buy a really
obnoxiously loud door bell? I have been searching online and can't
find much. The musical tone ones I have seen at homedepot and the
like are kind of wimpy. A fog horn or loud bell would do nicely.

I know most people in here shop in home type stores and I though
someone may have come across something like this.

Auto parts store? Ask for klaxon (the "ah-oog-ah" sound).

You can also get an air horn (like on diesel locomotives).

For something really irritating, I can send you a recording of my ex-wife
screaming "Fiona, you tart, you can't have Hubert!"

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 15:34:38 -0000, Pat
wrote:

On Jun 12, 9:19 am, "Bob" wrote:
[...]

You could try a double-tech, infrared and whatchamacallit have to be
tripped at the same time. But even these will false I think on a hot
breeze.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

wrote:
On Jun 12, 9:19 am, "Bob" wrote:
[...]

Nah. I just shut if off when it gets like that. It's not like I get
too many visitors anyway. And besides, the dog is just as effective.
The bell if from the BD (before dog) era.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob" wrote in message
. ..
This might sound strange but has anyone know where I can buy a really
obnoxiously loud door bell? I have been searching online and can't find
much. The musical tone ones I have seen at homedepot and the like are
kind of wimpy. A fog horn or loud bell would do nicely.

http://www.homesecuritystore.com/ezS...?productID=348

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob writes:

This might sound strange but has anyone know where I can buy a really
obnoxiously loud door bell?

Here's what I have in my back hallway, so I don't miss hearing it:

I rigged up three 6-volt lantern batteries to power it through a doorbell
switch, saving $$/year on running a transformer 24/7.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Each Halloween, I re-route the switch wire from my doorbell to a set of
genuine International harvester truck air horns positioned behind a hay bale
near our front door. If you have an air supply and really want to know how
to hook it up, email me.

--
Steve Barker

"Bob" wrote in message
. ..
This might sound strange but has anyone know where I can buy a really
obnoxiously loud door bell? I have been searching online and can't find
much. The musical tone ones I have seen at homedepot and the like are
kind of wimpy. A fog horn or loud bell would do nicely.

I know most people in here shop in home type stores and I though someone
may have come across something like this.

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

....In article ,

//

Bob wrote:
This might sound strange but has anyone know where I can buy a really
obnoxiously loud door bell? I have been searching online and can't find
much. The musical tone ones I have seen at homedepot and the like are kind
of wimpy. A fog horn or loud bell would do nicely.

I know most people in here shop in home type stores and I though someone may
have come across something like this.

Thanks

If you try an industrial supply co. such as Grainger, MSC, etc. you can
probably find a fire alarm that will do the job.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12 Jun, 09:19, "Bob" wrote:
This might sound strange but has anyone know where I can buy a really
obnoxiously loud door bell? I have been searching online and can't find
much. The musical tone ones I have seen at homedepot and the like are kind
of wimpy. A fog horn or loud bell would do nicely.

I know most people in here shop in home type stores and I though someone may
have come across something like this.

Thanks

Start with the doorbell at this site, add an amp and a 5 channel
surround sound speaker system and you should be good to go.

http://hackedgadgets.com/2007/03/12/...udio-doorbell/

P.S. The site also includes a link to sources for school and factory
bells

http://www.ats-usa.com/overture/bell...FRyOFQod_FXXKg

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 11:30:08 -0400, mm
wrote:

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 09:19:05 -0400, "Bob" wrote:

This might sound strange but has anyone know where I can buy a really
obnoxiously loud door bell? I have been searching online and can't find
much. The musical tone ones I have seen at homedepot and the like are kind
of wimpy. A fog horn or loud bell would do nicely.

I know most people in here shop in home type stores and I though someone may
have come across something like this.

Thanks

It might be in the electrical department and not the doorbell
department but I think they still sell the bells with a round bell and
a metal clapper on the side. There are at least two sizes. The small
one is about 4 inhces high. See if you can buy the large one.

How about the mechanically cranked through-door doorbell
that lehmans sells?
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 14:44:31 -0400, Goedjn wrote:

It might be in the electrical department and not the doorbell
department but I think they still sell the bells with a round bell and
a metal clapper on the side. There are at least two sizes. The small
one is about 4 inhces high. See if you can buy the large one.

How about the mechanically cranked through-door doorbell
that lehmans sells?

My grandmother had one of those.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 12, 7:19 am, "Bob" wrote:
This might sound strange but has anyone know where I can buy a really
obnoxiously loud door bell? I have been searching online and can't find
much. The musical tone ones I have seen at homedepot and the like are kind
of wimpy. A fog horn or loud bell would do nicely.

I know most people in here shop in home type stores and I though someone may
have come across something like this.

Thanks

You have to find one that can play a loud recording:

"OPEN THE DAMN DOOR!!"

Door bell problem Dave Home Repair 11 December 28th 06 06:02 AM
Door bell problem [email protected] Home Repair 0 December 27th 06 03:28 PM
Door bell cover miamicuse Home Repair 9 November 15th 06 02:42 AM
Door Bell Question... [email protected] Home Repair 16 September 16th 06 04:59 AM
Cordless Door Bell David Lang UK diy 15 August 9th 05 02:26 PM