Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Second power washer principle

I live where it freezes hard in the winter. I have a Karcher power washer
with a six horse motor. When putting it up, how can I be sure that the pump
is empty to keep it from freezing? Take the hoses off and hand crank it a
few times with the switch in the OFF position? Maybe shoot a little RV
antifreeze in there? And how about an electric power washer. I had a Husky
take a **** because I put it up full of water and ...........

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Learn how to care for a friend.
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 09:01:13 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

I live where it freezes hard in the winter. I have a Karcher power washer
with a six horse motor. When putting it up, how can I be sure that the pump
is empty to keep it from freezing? Take the hoses off and hand crank it a
few times with the switch in the OFF position? Maybe shoot a little RV
antifreeze in there? And how about an electric power washer. I had a Husky
take a **** because I put it up full of water and ...........

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Learn how to care for a friend.
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Just rig a funnel to the inlet. Fill the funnel with RV antifreeze and
hand crank it until you are sure the water is replaced by the RV
antifreeze.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I live where it freezes hard in the winter. I have a Karcher power washer
with a six horse motor. When putting it up, how can I be sure that the pump
is empty to keep it from freezing? Take the hoses off and hand crank it a
few times with the switch in the OFF position? Maybe shoot a little RV
antifreeze in there? And how about an electric power washer. I had a Husky
take a **** because I put it up full of water and ...........

Steve

My PW is 20 years old with a brass pump (Excell). Bought in
Pennsylvania (stored during winter of the _Perfect Storm_) and later
transported across country during a winter move, headed for Nevada.

I've not done anything extra, except store in the garage. If I'm a
little late getting the PW inside I might cover with a folded canvas
paint tarp, just to keep some frost off of the pump. YMMV

Power washer principle Steve B[_10_] Metalworking 11 September 22nd 10 02:06 AM
Power washer principle Steve B[_10_] Home Repair 9 September 21st 10 11:58 PM
ex-cell power washer cj Home Repair 2 August 23rd 06 02:16 PM
Power washer fault, help please [email protected] UK diy 4 July 25th 05 09:11 AM
Power Washer NetComm888 Home Ownership 1 July 19th 04 10:08 PM