Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Power washer principle

Does a power washer have to have pressurized water on the inlet, or will it
draw from a tank source?

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"A. Baum" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 07:32:12 -0700, Steve B wrote:

Does a power washer have to have pressurized water on the inlet, or will
it draw from a tank source?

Steve

Needs a certain amount of pressure usually 40PSI for full output.
I ran into this situation this summer with a partially clogged outside
spigot not delivering me constant pressure while power washing a driveway
with a 2700 PSI power washer. You could tell that the pressure on the gun
was going up and down. Sometimes even pumping virtually nothing. I had to
pull the packing nut off the spigot and remove and clean mineral buildup
on the valve components.

It works fine, there are just times when I want to use it where there is no
spigot. It is a Karcher with a Honda engine.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 08:59:01 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

"A. Baum" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 07:32:12 -0700, Steve B wrote:

Does a power washer have to have pressurized water on the inlet, or will
it draw from a tank source?

Steve

Needs a certain amount of pressure usually 40PSI for full output.
I ran into this situation this summer with a partially clogged outside
spigot not delivering me constant pressure while power washing a driveway
with a 2700 PSI power washer. You could tell that the pressure on the gun
was going up and down. Sometimes even pumping virtually nothing. I had to
pull the packing nut off the spigot and remove and clean mineral buildup
on the valve components.

It works fine, there are just times when I want to use it where there is no
spigot. It is a Karcher with a Honda engine.

Steve

Read your manual. There may be important tips like:

1.Do not idle the washer more than 5 minutes or pump damage may occur.
2. Supply a pressurized source of water of X psi and X gpm.
3.ect.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I remember that one unit I either owned, or considered.
Needed 25 PSI inlet. or it would not run. Some where
in my memory, I think it was a gas power unit I either
borrowed, or wished I had.

The electric unit I have now. One time when my parents
cellar flooded, I used it to help move water. Rated 1.3
GPM. But, with no nozzle, I'd guessed it ran more like
2.0 or better GPM. I had to pour water into the inlet
tube, and then stuff it quickly into the water source.
It wasn't self priming.

Pressure washers only run cold water. Because they rely
on the water flow to help cool the pump.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Steve B" wrote in message
Does a power washer have to have pressurized water on the inlet, or
will it
draw from a tank source?

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

The manual may mention a low pressure cut out. There is also just
trying it out. I'd reccomend to fill the inlet hose with a pitcher,
and then drop the hose rapidly into the source, trying not to let air
in. Use a strainer like they sell for washing machine inlets.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Steve B" wrote in message

It works fine, there are just times when I want to use it where there
is no
spigot. It is a Karcher with a Honda engine.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Another vote for RTFM; Read The Furnished Manual.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message

Read your manual. There may be important tips like:

1.Do not idle the washer more than 5 minutes or pump damage may occur.
2. Supply a pressurized source of water of X psi and X gpm.
3.ect.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"A. Baum" wrote in message
[...]

Real men don't use manuals. Even the manual type of well, you
know............

I got it at a yard sale. Guess I have to look up the model number and
download. Sheesh. For forty bucks, they should have had a manual.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

It depends on the size of the Pressure washer and the location of the
tank. What kind of pressure washer do you have?

--
Airport Shuttle

'' (http://www.yourcityride.com)
Message origin: TRAVEL.com

Power washer principle Steve B[_10_] Metalworking 11 September 22nd 10 02:06 AM
ex-cell power washer cj Home Repair 2 August 23rd 06 02:16 PM
Ignoramus's power washer Christopher Tidy Metalworking 4 June 27th 05 02:10 AM
Karcher power washer Rodders UK diy 21 April 13th 05 07:33 PM
Power Washer NetComm888 Home Ownership 1 July 19th 04 10:08 PM