Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Second power washer principle

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 09:01:13 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

I live where it freezes hard in the winter. I have a Karcher power washer
with a six horse motor. When putting it up, how can I be sure that the pump
is empty to keep it from freezing? Take the hoses off and hand crank it a
few times with the switch in the OFF position? Maybe shoot a little RV
antifreeze in there? And how about an electric power washer. I had a Husky
take a **** because I put it up full of water and ...........

Steve

My PW is 20 years old with a brass pump (Excell). Bought in
Pennsylvania (stored during winter of the _Perfect Storm_) and later
transported across country during a winter move, headed for Nevada.

I've not done anything extra, except store in the garage. If I'm a
little late getting the PW inside I might cover with a folded canvas
paint tarp, just to keep some frost off of the pump. YMMV