Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sale of lead screw anchors in California.

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

Hadn't heard that story, but it doesn't refute the claim he was agnostic
when he did his somewhat anti-social activities. Lots of folks engage in
"death bed conversions." Doesn't cost nothing.

The main thing is the motivation for McVeigh wasn't religious in
nature, unlike the OP for this part of the thread was alleging. It was
all anti-government and very secular.
He is pretty much saying that anyone who does anything wrong did it
because of religion even if the only contact with religion was a couple
seconds of the 700 Club while surfing (okay I might give him that one).

and name it after the IRS.
Robert Bakker, paleontologist
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 9, 7:08*am, wrote:
On Wed, 8 Sep 2010 19:49:51 -0700 (PDT), BobR

wrote:
On Sep 8, 5:36*pm, wrote:
On Wed, 8 Sep 2010 15:11:00 -0700 (PDT), BobR

wrote:
On Sep 8, 3:53*pm, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
Gordon Shumway wrote:

-snip-

I don't know if he thinks Muslims are religious kooks or not but they
proved to me they were on September 11th.

Did Christians prove that on Nov 18, 1978, or was that just another
perversion of religion by a minority of nutcases?

The radical factions of Islam are a slim minority-- and I'll grant you
they are kooks- but your brush is too broad. * *Every religion has
their kooks.

Jim

Every religion has its kooks as do those without any religion. *The
problem isn't religion, its people. *People are the reason that
religion is either a instrument of good or evil and virtually every
religion or non-religion has had more than its share of both. *Right
now, the Muslim religion appears to be the most radical and growing in
use by radical elements to empower and enslave its believers. *That
will not last long (in a historical view) and its believers will
eventually realize that it is not in their best interests and it will
moderate.

How's the Easter Bunny? Seen him lately? How about Spiderman?

Religion is a manifestation of mental illness. You are Exhibit A.- Hide quoted text -

And you are Exhibit B for you are just as religious as I could ever
be. *You are just too stupid to realize what your religion is.

More evidence of your delusions.- Hide quoted text -

And more evidence of your denials or is it simply ignorance?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 9, 5:09*am, Caesar Romano wrote:
On Wed, 8 Sep 2010 19:44:02 -0700 (PDT), BobR
wrote Re Sale of lead screw anchors in
California.:

If, in your opinion, my brush is too broad why aren't the majority of
the muslims loudly denouncing the actions of the "slim majority?"

Better question is why aren't ANY of the muslims loudly denouncing the
actions of the "slim majority?". *One nut case in Florida threatens to
burn a Koran and the whole world denounces it but let the muslim nuts
declare a holy war on all the religions of the world and nobody says a
thing.

Which is one of the reasons the Muslims are kicking our ass. *Everyone
is afraid of them.

Based on the reaction to this nutcase in Florida, I would have to
agree which would indicate that we have indeed lost the war on
terrorism.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I guess they’re afraid that people are going to remove the screws and
lick the anchors. All that’s left now is for parents to start suing
their elementary schools for having the teachers make their children
use lead pencils.- Hide quoted text -

Well yes, doesn't everybody pull the anchors out and chew on them?
Has California just totally gone bonkers or what?

Well, unused (and removed) anchors tend to just "Lie about" in tool boxes
and "junk drawers."

If the goal is to remove lead from "the environment," then lead anchors
should be held off the local market.

N.B.: plastic anchors work quite well up to #8 and, maybe #10. After
that, ther are zink and alluminum anchors as well as epoxy anchors.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 9, 11:13*am, wrote:
On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 11:40:09 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

I'm not in denial. I know that when you die you are dead.

Unless you have died and come back, then you THINK when you die you are
dead. Not believing in God is every bit as much of a leap of faith as
believing. Probably more so. *If you believe and you are wrong, then you
are dead and nothing happens. You might have a nanosecond or two of
feeling a little foolish, but nothing all that bad. If don't and you are
wrong, that eternity in Hell thing would be a bummer. You have much more
to lose by not believing and being wrong. I admire your guts.

Your argument is one that could only be made by someone who believes
that silly crap. It is exactly NO leap of faith on my part, and
requires no guts.

Then why are you trying to hard to destroy the faith that others have
in a God? Does it give you some perverted pleasure to hurt others?
Is their faith in a God and a hereafter a threat to you in some way?

Do you see any squirrel ghosts floating around?

How about plants? Do they have an afterlife? Why not?

Who knows, maybe they do but that is not for me to know or necessiarly
care about.

I'm looking right at my death, and it really doesn't frighten me like
yours apparently frightens you. I'm enjoying my life, and when I die,
I won't be somewhere fretting about missing anything, because I'LL BE
DEAD.

My death doesn't frighten me in the least and never has. Why do you
believe that just because I may or may not believe that it has not
lead to a life that is both enjoyable and totally fulfilling. I
haven't missed out on anything in life that I wanted or needed.
Further, I don't find it necessary to condem you or call you silly and
crazy for your lack of belief. If you get comfort from a lack of
belief then more power to you and that is OK by me. If I get comfort
from beliving in God, why can't you just accept it and leave it at
that? NO, instead you have to try and show some perverted superiority
and degrade those who don't believe as you. That make me wonder just
how much you really believe in what you are saying and what you are
feeling.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 9, 12:09*pm, wrote:
On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 12:00:06 -0500, Caesar Romano
wrote:

On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 12:13:15 -0400, wrote
Re Sale of lead screw anchors in California.:

I'm looking right at my death, and it really doesn't frighten me like
yours apparently frightens you. I'm enjoying my life, and when I die,
I won't be somewhere fretting about missing anything, because I'LL BE
DEAD.

Are you bitter?

Not even slightly. Why would I be? I've had a great run, and I'm still
having one to some extent.

Then celebrate because that is all there is for you and all that will
ever be.

BUT

You don't have to try and destroy the beliefs of others before you
go. It will not bring you anything now or then.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 9, 12:49*pm, wrote:
On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 10:41:43 -0700 (PDT), BobR

wrote:
On Sep 9, 11:13*am, wrote:
On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 11:40:09 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

[...]

Yes, many of the most intractable problems in the world have religion
at their root. Couple that with the tendency of religious kooks to
want their governments to operate based on religion, and yes, it is a
big problem.

No more so that those fostered on the world by the unbelieving. That
is an excuse and a poor one at that.

Do you see any squirrel ghosts floating around?

How about plants? Do they have an afterlife? Why not?

Who knows, maybe they do but that is not for me to know or necessiarly
care about.

Yeah, it might interfere with your bizarre fantasies if you started
looking at them rationally.

Not in the least but you have some pretty bizarre fantasies of your
own.

I'm looking right at my death, and it really doesn't frighten me like
yours apparently frightens you. I'm enjoying my life, and when I die,
I won't be somewhere fretting about missing anything, because I'LL BE
DEAD.

My death doesn't frighten me in the least and never has. *Why do you
believe that just because I may or may not believe that it has not
lead to a life that is both enjoyable and totally fulfilling. *I
haven't missed out on anything in life that I wanted or needed.
Further, I don't find it necessary to condem you or call you silly and
crazy for your lack of belief. *If you get comfort from a lack of
belief then more power to you and that is OK by me. *If I get comfort
from beliving in God, why can't you just accept it and leave it at
that?

Because you morons try to insert your absurd beliefs into everybody
else's life.

And YOU DON"T? That is exactly what you are trying to do and have
been trying with every post you have made. You don't believe in a God
and you want to try and force your belief on others in every way
possible. So where is the difference? You are doing exactly the same
thing that you claim they are doing only what exactly is your
motivation? Why do you care what they believe if you are so secure in
your own beliefs?

That's why.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 9, 12:54*pm, wrote:
On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 10:45:52 -0700 (PDT), BobR

wrote:

On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 12:13:15 -0400, wrote
Re Sale of lead screw anchors in California.:

I'm looking right at my death, and it really doesn't frighten me like
yours apparently frightens you. I'm enjoying my life, and when I die,
I won't be somewhere fretting about missing anything, because I'LL BE
DEAD.

Are you bitter?

Not even slightly. Why would I be? I've had a great run, and I'm still
having one to some extent.

Then celebrate because that is all there is for you and all that will
ever be.

BUT

You don't have to try and destroy the beliefs of others before you
go. *It will not bring you anything now or then.

I'm doing my best to leave the world a better place. I'm sorry if that
interferes with your agenda.- Hide quoted text -

Really? By hurting and attempting to destroy the beliefs of others is
going to leave the world a better place? I am sorry but I don't buy
that for a moment. That is about the lamest pile of crap I have heard
in a very long time. It doesn't interfere with my agenda but it does
say volumes about yours and it doesn't jive with what you claim about
your beliefs. If you really believe as you claim, you wouldn't give a
hoot about how the world will be after you are gone. You will have
lived as you desired and that is the only thing that should have
mattered. Instead, you are trying really hard to leave behind a
legacy of hurt for others. That is not leaving the world a better
place for anybody. You may in fact leave the world a better place by
just leaving.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 9, 1:10*pm, wrote:
On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 11:06:19 -0700 (PDT), BobR

wrote:
On Sep 9, 11:13*am, wrote:
On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 11:40:09 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

[...]

No, it's a cold, hard, historically based FACT. I do realize that as a
religious kook, you have a lot of trouble processing facts and truth.- Hide quoted text -

If and when you present some real facts and truth, I will be happy to
process them. You haven't and your only out is to try to put me down
with that "religious kook" label and it is lame at best.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 9, 1:19*pm, wrote:
On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 11:15:45 -0700 (PDT), BobR

wrote:

[...]

Let me know if you *ever decide to put together a coherent argument.
The above is a string of diosconnects. Typical of the mentally ill.- Hide quoted text -

Run baby run but you run from yourself. Your only out is to claim
that everyone but you is mentally ill.

Good bye!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 07:59:46 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

The most interesting thing about the whole McVeigh affair is how fast he
was put to death. Most criminals condemned to death would still be
waiting for execution. I do believe there are things that government
agents don't want anyone to know so he was eliminated quickly.

McVeigh did not file an appeal. The Director of FBOP (Kathleen Hawk
Sawyer, 1992-2003) signed his Death Warrant. Justice was swift and
certain.....no conspiracy there!

The Warden at USP Terre Haute, IN, Harley G. Lappin is the current
Director.

_Executions of Federal Prisoners (since 1927)_

http://www.bop.gov/about/history/execchart.jsp

Executions used to be farmed out to states, before the laws changed
and an execution chamber was built at USP Terre Haute.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 9, 11:40*am, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,

wrote:
I'm not in denial. I know that when you die you are dead.

*Unless you have died and come back, then you THINK when you die you are
dead. Not believing in God is every bit as much of a leap of faith as
believing. Probably more so. *If you believe and you are wrong, then you
are dead and nothing happens. You might have a nanosecond or two of
feeling a little foolish, but nothing all that bad. If don't and you are
wrong, that eternity in Hell thing would be a bummer. You have much more
to lose by not believing and being wrong. I admire your guts.

Which god? Jehovah? Krishna? Odin? How does one decide which
one to bet on?

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The most interesting thing about the whole McVeigh affair is how fast he
was put to death. Most criminals condemned to death would still be
waiting for execution. I do believe there are things that government
agents don't want anyone to know so he was eliminated quickly.

McVeigh did not file an appeal. The Director of FBOP (Kathleen Hawk
Sawyer, 1992-2003) signed his Death Warrant. Justice was swift and
certain.....no conspiracy there!

The Warden at USP Terre Haute, IN, Harley G. Lappin is the current
Director.

_Executions of Federal Prisoners (since 1927)_

http://www.bop.gov/about/history/execchart.jsp

Executions used to be farmed out to states, before the laws changed
and an execution chamber was built at USP Terre Haute.

I'm not a conspiracy freak but that whole thing just smelled wrong.
I'm thinking that there were some agent provocateurs involved and
they lost control of the situation resulting in the bombing that
was never meant to be allowed to happen.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Oh, you mean renegades. Those outside Color of Law. In government,
there is the "need to know" and the "I don't want to know".
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Sep 8, 3:53*pm, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

The radical factions of Islam are a slim minority-- and I'll grant you
they are kooks- but your brush is too broad. * *Every religion has
their kooks.

The saner factions of islam are by far the minority and their voices
are muffled by the majority fanatics of all the islamic sects seeking
world domination. Continued tolerance of the jihdist behavior is an
idiotic tenet of the progressive leftists trying to reshape America.
My sources? The headlines every day.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 15:58:35 -0700 (PDT), Joe wrote:

On Sep 8, 3:53*pm, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

The radical factions of Islam are a slim minority-- and I'll grant you
they are kooks- but your brush is too broad. * *Every religion has
their kooks.

The saner factions of islam are by far the minority and their voices
are muffled by the majority fanatics of all the islamic sects seeking
world domination. Continued tolerance of the jihdist behavior is an
idiotic tenet of the progressive leftists trying to reshape America.
My sources? The headlines every day.

Joe

This news just in.

"Pastor Terry Jones today canceled his plan to burn Korans at his
Florida church after claiming he has struck a deal with a New York
Muslim cleric to relocate the so-called Ground Zero mosque."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/pastor-terry-jones-calls-off-koran-burning-ground-zero-mosque/story?id=11594495

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 8, 3:53Â*pm, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

The radical factions of Islam are a slim minority-- and I'll grant you
they are kooks- but your brush is too broad. Â* Â*Every religion has
their kooks.

The saner factions of islam are by far the minority and their voices
are muffled by the majority fanatics of all the islamic sects seeking
world domination. Continued tolerance of the jihdist behavior is an
idiotic tenet of the progressive leftists trying to reshape America.
My sources? The headlines every day.

Joe

Actually, you are wrong. Numerically, by far the vast majority of
Muslims are peace loving people. Only a small minirity of the worlds
Muslims arejihadists and radicals. A very DANGEROUS minority, but a
minirity none the less.

The same can be said for Christians. Even evangelical Christians. A
small minority world-wide are radically fanatical and intollerant.

As for leaving the world a better place, that is what Christianity is
all about.
Particularly the historic peace churches - the brethren, quakers,
mennonites, etc are actively involved in peacefull resolution of
conflict - restorative justice programs etc. , andwork with all faiths
- even those who would say they have none.
The work of Mennonite Disaster Service in areas of natural or man-made
distasters is definitely helping leave this world a better place. They
are still actively working with the poor and disenfranchised of New
Orleans, cleaning up the wreckage left behind by Katrina, as well as
in many other areas around North America, and the world.
Mennonite Central Committee is very involved in relief work around the
world - with Haiti being a good example. Also involved throught Africa
and Asia in disaster relief and development projects - one of the more
effective "aid" organizations in the world. The lowest overhead of
ANY.

Ask anyone who has been on the recieving end - and the aid is given to
any and all - Muslim, Christian, Animist, Jew, Hindu, Atheist, or
whatever.

You (and many Americans - as well as many Europeans) have a rather
warped view of what Christianity is, and what Christians believe.

Yes, there is a small minority of the world's "christians" who would
leave the world a better place by simply leaving - and many of them
are American Fundamentalist Republicans.
About the same number of rabid American Democrats could do the same.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Never attribute to malice what can adequately explained by stupidity.
McVeigh was a whack job that enjoyed his moment in the sun. USG was
foolish for not having any thoughts about security or a perimeter around
the buildings they put up. (Not that the changes they have made on
existing buildings since then have improved things much.) I haven't
looked up how many new federal buildings have been built in CONUS since
then, but after the OKC bombing and the various embassy bombings, I
imagine GSA and State spent a lot of time visiting with DoD and learning
about blast zones, deflection berms, labyrinth approach roads, and
similar neat stuff.

Other than when politicians force it, to get jobs in depressed downtown
areas, I don't think you will see many new federal buildings in old
downtown areas 30 feet from passing traffic, like the one I work in is.

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
I'm not in denial. I know that when you die you are dead.

Unless you have died and come back, then you THINK when you die you
are dead. Not believing in God is every bit as much of a leap of
faith as believing. Probably more so. If you believe and you are
wrong, then you are dead and nothing happens. You might have a
nanosecond or two of feeling a little foolish, but nothing all that
bad. If don't and you are wrong, that eternity in Hell thing would
be a bummer. You have much more to lose by not believing and being
wrong. I admire your guts.

Which god? Jehovah? Krishna? Odin? How does one decide which
one to bet on?

One mainstream religion takes the position that it doesn't matter which
(single) God one worships - what counts is righteous conduct.

One can be a righteous Baptist or a righteous Buddhist. Same result.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Gordon Shumway wrote:

On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 16:53:14 -0400, Jim Elbrecht
wrote:

-snip-
The radical factions of Islam are a slim minority-- and I'll grant you
they are kooks- but your brush is too broad. Every religion has
their kooks.

Jim

If, in your opinion, my brush is too broad why aren't the majority of
the muslims loudly denouncing the actions of the "slim majority?"

I"m betting we listen to different news sources-- I've heard plenty of
Muslims denouncing the violent factions of Islam.

Just heard one tonight on our local news when interviewed about the
vandalism of their Mosque.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 15:58:35 -0700 (PDT), Joe wrote:

On Sep 8, 3:53*pm, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

The radical factions of Islam are a slim minority-- and I'll grant you
they are kooks- but your brush is too broad. * *Every religion has
their kooks.

The saner factions of islam are by far the minority and their voices
are muffled by the majority fanatics of all the islamic sects seeking
world domination. Continued tolerance of the jihdist behavior is an
idiotic tenet of the progressive leftists trying to reshape America.
My sources? The headlines every day.

You might want to read the articles rather than listen to headlines.

The headline might be;
"10 million Muslims think 9/11 was justified"

The article will tell you [or not, if that doesn't fit their
pre-conceived narrative] that the 10 million represents about 75 of
the worldwide 1.3billion Muslims.

I'd be willing to bet that Christianity has about the same percentage
of kooks.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim Elbrecht wrote:
-snip-

You might want to read the articles rather than listen to headlines.

The headline might be;
"10 million Muslims think 9/11 was justified"

The article will tell you [or not, if that doesn't fit their
pre-conceived narrative] that the 10 million represents about 75 of

Hate when that happens-- that '75' should be 7%

the worldwide 1.3billion Muslims.

I'd be willing to bet that Christianity has about the same percentage
of kooks.

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 10, 6:45*am, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
[...]

Kooks come in all colors, all nationalities, all religions and non-
religions. They are a distinct minority in all respects but the are
more visible by their ignorant actions and they receive a much higher
exposure by the world media than their numbers would indicate. That
recognition and exposure by the media is the driving force behind
their actions and likewise their greatest recruiting tool.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 9, 10:48*am, "John Gilmer" wrote:
I guess they’re afraid that people are going to remove the screws and
lick the anchors. All that’s left now is for parents to start suing
their elementary schools for having the teachers make their children
use lead pencils.- Hide quoted text -

Well yes, doesn't everybody pull the anchors out and chew on them?
Has California just totally gone bonkers or what?

Well, unused (and removed) anchors tend to just "Lie about" in tool boxes
and "junk drawers."

If the goal is to remove lead from "the environment," then lead anchors
should be held off the local market.

N.B.: * plastic anchors work quite well up to #8 and, maybe #10. * After
that, ther are zink and alluminum anchors as well as epoxy anchors.

Yes, lets remove everything that could possibly cause some harm to the
idiots of the world. Start with draining the water out of all the
swimming pools because someone could possibly drown. Remove the tires
from cars because they could blow out and cause a rollover. Cut that
power line going to your house because you might touch a wire a fry
your dumb ass.

Yes, I know those are all examples of over-reaction but then no more
so than eliminating lead anchors for the "environment".
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 9, 8:48*am, "John Gilmer" wrote:
I guess they’re afraid that people are going to remove the screws and
lick the anchors. All that’s left now is for parents to start suing
their elementary schools for having the teachers make their children
use lead pencils.- Hide quoted text -

Well yes, doesn't everybody pull the anchors out and chew on them?
Has California just totally gone bonkers or what?

Well, unused (and removed) anchors tend to just "Lie about" in tool boxes
and "junk drawers."

If the goal is to remove lead from "the environment," then lead anchors
should be held off the local market.

N.B.: * plastic anchors work quite well up to #8 and, maybe #10. * After
that, ther are zink and alluminum anchors as well as epoxy anchors.

I don’t see anyone doing anything to prevent all the other dead weight
from accumulating in the environment so what’s so special about lead?