Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Anybody with ATT Cell

Im in a dead zone and I just got ATT Micro Cell, a home cell signal
booster. Before I had to go to a window to talk, get dropped at any
time and have no basement reception, and sometimes in some rooms my
phone would not ring. Now im 5 bar 3G even in the basement where I
could not even call before, my signal is better inside than outside
now by 2-3 bars, its worth the 150$, the other 400$ cell booster I
have never, ZBoost, never did anything. Its nice buying something that
does what it says.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 4, 12:59*pm, ransley wrote:
*Im in a dead zone and I just got ATT Micro Cell, a home cell signal
booster. Before I had to go to a window to talk, get dropped at any
time and have no basement reception, and sometimes in some rooms my
phone would not ring. Now im 5 bar 3G even in the basement where I
could not even call before, my signal is better inside than outside
now by 2-3 bars, its worth the 150$, the other 400$ cell booster I
have never, ZBoost, never did anything. Its nice buying something that
does what it says.

That's Flipping Good News
You should get untimely free access for posting it []

IAP
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , ransley wrote:
Im in a dead zone and I just got ATT Micro Cell, a home cell signal
booster. Before I had to go to a window to talk, get dropped at any
time and have no basement reception, and sometimes in some rooms my
phone would not ring. Now im 5 bar 3G even in the basement where I
could not even call before, my signal is better inside than outside
now by 2-3 bars, its worth the 150$, the other 400$ cell booster I
have never, ZBoost, never did anything. Its nice buying something that
does what it says.

chuckle
I have my cellular service through Sprint, and experienced the same problem.
Same solution, too -- except they sent me the signal booster for free.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Doug Miller wrote:

In article , ransley wrote:
Im in a dead zone and I just got ATT Micro Cell, a home cell signal
booster. Before I had to go to a window to talk, get dropped at any
time and have no basement reception, and sometimes in some rooms my
phone would not ring. Now im 5 bar 3G even in the basement where I
could not even call before, my signal is better inside than outside
now by 2-3 bars, its worth the 150$, the other 400$ cell booster I
have never, ZBoost, never did anything. Its nice buying something that
does what it says.

chuckle
I have my cellular service through Sprint, and experienced the same problem.
Same solution, too -- except they sent me the signal booster for free.

FYI, the micro-cell is not a signal booster, it is an Internet connected
low power cell site effectively. You do not have to be in an area where
you can actually pickup a "real" cell site signal from a roof top
antenna, as you do for a booster amp. Of course if you go with a carrier
that has a decent network, you won't have problems with "dead zones".
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 4, 1:47*pm, "Pete C." wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:

In article , ransley wrote:
[...]

I should have switched carriers along time ago but its a hassle with a
contract, Att is the Dead Zone, but now I can talk normaly

Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

ransley wrote in
:

On Aug 4, 1:47*pm, "Pete C." wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:

In article

ps.com, ransley wrote:
[...]

I have ATT in the greater NY area. ATT is better for me than Sprint was.
And I love my iPhone ...

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.home.repair

Han wrote:

ransley wrote in
:

On Aug 4, 1:47 pm, "Pete C." wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:

In article

ps.com, ransley wrote:
[...]

A friend of mine and long time iPhone fan finally gave up on ATT after a
few weeks with the iPhone4. The iPhone's antenna flaw is easy enough to
work around, but the ATT network is not. He's using his phone for work
more these days and simply couldn't tolerate the lack of coverage and
constant dropped calls. It was fun watching when he went into the
Verizon store and ordered and HTC Droid Incredible. Reports so far
indicate he likes the new Droid phone in addition to the superior
network behind it. I don't use either an iPhone or a Droid, but I've
fiddled with both and don't find a lot of difference between them.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

"Pete C." wrote in
ster.com:

Han wrote:

ransley wrote in
:

On Aug 4, 1:47 pm, "Pete C." wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:

In article

ps.com, ransley wrote:
[...]

I have better coverage and fewer dropped calls with my iPhone & ATT than
with Sprint. In the NYC/NJ area (07410). I didn't use the iPhone much
for phone and data while in Europe but when I did it worked just fine.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.home.repair

Han wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in
ster.com:

Han wrote:

ransley wrote in
:

On Aug 4, 1:47 pm, "Pete C." wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:

In article

ps.com, ransley wrote:
[...]

Verizon has the best coverage everywhere I've been in the US. My Verizon
phone (Moto Z6c "world") worked just fine in Egypt as well as Mexico.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Malcolm Hoar wrote:
In article , ransley wrote:
Im in a dead zone and I just got ATT Micro Cell, a home cell signal
booster. Before I had to go to a window to talk, get dropped at any
time and have no basement reception, and sometimes in some rooms my
phone would not ring. Now im 5 bar 3G even in the basement where I
could not even call before, my signal is better inside than outside
now by 2-3 bars, its worth the 150$, the other 400$ cell booster I
have never, ZBoost, never did anything. Its nice buying something that
does what it says.

I have a Microcell too; bought it the day they became available
in this area. It has worked out reasonable well for me also.
I've gone from dropping 90% of calls to dropping 10%.

Not perfect by any means, but it does represent a significant
and worthwhile improvement if you happen to live in a dead
spot. Overall, it was worth the $150.

Not that I had any choice; this location is dead for Verizon
and Sprint users too.

They had the solution 100 years ago- it is called a landline. Cell
phones are only for when you can't get to a real phone, IMHO. Never seen
a one, even the fancy ones from the top-tier carriers, that had sound
quality worth a damn.

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 5, 1:10*am, (Malcolm Hoar) wrote:
In article , aemeijers wrote:
They had the solution 100 years ago- it is called a landline. Cell
phones are only for when you can't get to a real phone, IMHO.

Yeah, I know. But there are 2 issues with that, for me:

1. Although I can use the landline for outgoing calls,
* *there's an issue with incoming calls. If folks calls
* *my cell, they either get through but then dropped,
* *or they just get voice mail becuase the network
* *could reach my call.

2. Even when I'm home, I prefer to call other family
* *members cellphones using my cell rather than the
* *landline. It's free! If I call their cell from my
* *landline, they're burning up the family minutes.

I have been with verizon forever. like 14 years.......

however as a cost savings i have been trying out wallmarts
straightalk.

its 45 bucks a month with UNLIMITED EVERYTHING phone text picture
messaging and internet access. best of all it uses the verizon network
but is branded tracphone...... a known company.

its prepaid but i can set it up on autopay.45 times 12 is only 540
bucks plus 38 bucks sales tax for the year. $578 total....

verizon was costing me over twice that. I bought a straight talk flip
phone for 40 bucks and one months of service to try it out.... its
worked flawless the dead verizon spots are exactly the same.

not fancy but fine for me

I have a bad attitude about verizon. after my FIOS phone was
unreliable, they held me to the contract for a service that didnt
work, refused to put me back on copper and generally made my life a
living hell since some customers call me on my home line.

after 3 months of poor service and calling every business day for 3
weeks they finally found it a bad router at their central office

while this was going on they were deluging me with fios tv
advertising, and sending door to door sales people to my home the
reps werent carrying the solicitation permit so i called the police on
them....

all this after i asked to be removed from all solicitations..

I FINALLY got them to stop by getting the number for their marketing
manager and ranting at his secretary.

I cancelled FIOS, after my experience they could give it to me for
free and i still wouldnt want it!!

So I am on a mission to de verizon myself.

companies who hold customers to contracts for service that doesnt work
earn my hatred........

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 4, 11:59*am, ransley wrote:
*Im in a dead zone and I just got ATT Micro Cell, a home cell signal
booster. Before I had to go to a window to talk, get dropped at any
time and have no basement reception, and sometimes in some rooms my
phone would not ring. Now im 5 bar 3G even in the basement where I
could not even call before, my signal is better inside than outside
now by 2-3 bars, its worth the 150$, the other 400$ cell booster I
have never, ZBoost, never did anything. Its nice buying something that
does what it says.

Most carriers AFAIK are only concerned with the high population areas
and don't extend themselves to rural low population area towers.
I had Alltel for 2 years and calls were constantly dropped at home.
With US Cellular...it's the difference between night and day.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 5, 5:55*am, Bob Villa wrote:
On Aug 4, 11:59*am, ransley wrote:

*Im in a dead zone and I just got ATT Micro Cell, a home cell signal
booster. Before I had to go to a window to talk, get dropped at any
time and have no basement reception, and sometimes in some rooms my
phone would not ring. Now im 5 bar 3G even in the basement where I
could not even call before, my signal is better inside than outside
now by 2-3 bars, its worth the 150$, the other 400$ cell booster I
have never, ZBoost, never did anything. Its nice buying something that
does what it says.

Most carriers AFAIK are only concerned with the high population areas
and don't extend themselves to rural low population area towers.
I had Alltel for 2 years and calls were constantly dropped at home.
With US Cellular...it's the difference between night and day.

But I am in a high population high income area, Chicago, and ATT suks,
if I drive through the ghetto its 5 bar, it must be all them phone
deals they do in the ghetto, they get the good service.

D cell Ah ratings chris French UK diy 18 June 15th 10 09:57 PM
Testing Nicad/nicd or NiMH cell ESR or SLA Gel Cell Battery Internal Resistance Wild_Bill Electronics Repair 24 January 19th 10 12:41 AM
cell phone ransley Home Repair 14 September 5th 08 11:47 PM
Cell to cell tap... Susan Electronics 6 January 22nd 07 10:38 PM
Can I switch the sim in my damaged Cell Phone to a new Cell Phone? [email protected] Electronics Repair 3 September 30th 06 12:58 AM