Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Anybody with ATT Cell

On Aug 4, 1:47*pm, "Pete C." wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:

In article , ransley wrote:
Im in a dead zone and I just got ATT Micro Cell, a home cell signal
booster. Before I had to go to a window to talk, get dropped at any
time and have no basement reception, and sometimes in some rooms my
phone would not ring. Now im 5 bar 3G even in the basement where I
could not even call before, my signal is better inside than outside
now by 2-3 bars, its worth the 150$, the other 400$ cell booster I
have never, ZBoost, never did anything. Its nice buying something that
does what it says.

chuckle
I have my cellular service through Sprint, and experienced the same problem.
Same solution, too -- except they sent me the signal booster for free.

FYI, the micro-cell is not a signal booster, it is an Internet connected
low power cell site effectively. You do not have to be in an area where
you can actually pickup a "real" cell site signal from a roof top
antenna, as you do for a booster amp. Of course if you go with a carrier
that has a decent network, you won't have problems with "dead zones".

I should have switched carriers along time ago but its a hassle with a
contract, Att is the Dead Zone, but now I can talk normaly