Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cracked skylight

My kitchen skylight is cracked and leaking. The transparent part
appears to be an inverted clear plastic box mounted over a wood box.
No idea who installed it, as it was on the house when I bought it 17
years ago. Who do I call to fix it -- a roofer? a glazier?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ivan wrote:
My kitchen skylight is cracked and leaking. The transparent part
appears to be an inverted clear plastic box mounted over a wood box.
No idea who installed it, as it was on the house when I bought it 17
years ago. Who do I call to fix it -- a roofer? a glazier?

Hi,
Whoever sells skylights in your local area.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Una Una is offline

Ivan wrote:
Who do I call to fix it -- a roofer? a glazier?

Call vendors of skylights and ask them to recommend local installers.

Una

Posted to alt.home.repair

If it's easy enough to do, I put some caulk there to seal it until you
can get a perminent fix.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ivan wrote:
My kitchen skylight is cracked and leaking. The transparent part
appears to be an inverted clear plastic box mounted over a wood box.
No idea who installed it, as it was on the house when I bought it 17
years ago. Who do I call to fix it -- a roofer? a glazier?

Call a handy man jack of all trades.

--
LSMFT

I don't like to interrupt her.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

On Jul 20, 7:57*pm, LSMFT wrote:
Ivan wrote:
My kitchen skylight is cracked and leaking. *The transparent part
appears to be an inverted clear plastic box mounted over a wood box.
No idea who installed it, as it was on the house when I bought it 17
years ago. *Who do I call to fix it -- a roofer? a glazier?

Call a handy man jack of all trades.

Only if you want more leaks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ivan" wrote in message
My kitchen skylight is cracked and leaking. The transparent part
appears to be an inverted clear plastic box mounted over a wood box.
No idea who installed it, as it was on the house when I bought it 17
years ago. Who do I call to fix it -- a roofer? a glazier?

A roofer, to put in a quality light. Not a plastic one.

DIY skylight? Edward Reid Home Repair 16 May 26th 10 02:37 AM
Shower skylight Larry B Home Repair 6 October 13th 08 12:50 AM
8' x 4' skylight shades [email protected] Home Repair 2 May 31st 08 02:27 AM
Skylight [email protected] Home Ownership 3 March 7th 06 10:26 PM