DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Cracked skylight (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/306770-cracked-skylight.html)

Ivan[_8_] July 20th 10 03:31 PM

Cracked skylight

My kitchen skylight is cracked and leaking. The transparent part
appears to be an inverted clear plastic box mounted over a wood box.
No idea who installed it, as it was on the house when I bought it 17
years ago. Who do I call to fix it -- a roofer? a glazier?

Tony Hwang July 20th 10 04:27 PM

Cracked skylight

Ivan wrote:
My kitchen skylight is cracked and leaking. The transparent part
appears to be an inverted clear plastic box mounted over a wood box.
No idea who installed it, as it was on the house when I bought it 17
years ago. Who do I call to fix it -- a roofer? a glazier?

Hi,
Whoever sells skylights in your local area.

Una July 20th 10 05:08 PM

Cracked skylight

Ivan wrote:
Who do I call to fix it -- a roofer? a glazier?

Call vendors of skylights and ask them to recommend local installers.

Una

zzyzzx July 20th 10 07:30 PM

Cracked skylight

If it's easy enough to do, I put some caulk there to seal it until you
can get a perminent fix.

LSMFT July 21st 10 12:57 AM

Cracked skylight

Ivan wrote:
My kitchen skylight is cracked and leaking. The transparent part
appears to be an inverted clear plastic box mounted over a wood box.
No idea who installed it, as it was on the house when I bought it 17
years ago. Who do I call to fix it -- a roofer? a glazier?

Call a handy man jack of all trades.

--
LSMFT

I don't like to interrupt her.

Ron July 21st 10 02:00 AM

Cracked skylight

On Jul 20, 7:57*pm, LSMFT wrote:
Ivan wrote:
My kitchen skylight is cracked and leaking. *The transparent part
appears to be an inverted clear plastic box mounted over a wood box.
No idea who installed it, as it was on the house when I bought it 17
years ago. *Who do I call to fix it -- a roofer? a glazier?

Call a handy man jack of all trades.

Only if you want more leaks.

Larry[_14_] July 21st 10 02:12 AM

Cracked skylight

"Ivan" wrote in message
My kitchen skylight is cracked and leaking. The transparent part
appears to be an inverted clear plastic box mounted over a wood box.
No idea who installed it, as it was on the house when I bought it 17
years ago. Who do I call to fix it -- a roofer? a glazier?

A roofer, to put in a quality light. Not a plastic one.