Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shower skylight

Is there such a thing as a shower skylight WITH powered ventilation? I
was hoping find a combined unit for aesthetic reasons. Thanks, Lar

Posted to alt.home.repair

Larry B wrote:
Is there such a thing as a shower skylight WITH powered ventilation? I
was hoping find a combined unit for aesthetic reasons. Thanks, Lar

Others may have better advise, but,
there are several type of RV skylights
which have exhaust fans. Only problem
is they run on 12 volts DC. I'm
not sure how suitable they would be for
regular roof mounting.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun 12 Oct 2008 09:02:49a, Larry B told us...

Is there such a thing as a shower skylight WITH powered ventilation? I
was hoping find a combined unit for aesthetic reasons. Thanks, Lar

There are tubular skylights with vent fans appropriate for bathrooms.

http://tinyurl.com/4x8l5v

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Sunday, 10(X)/12(XII)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Veteran's Day
4wks 1dys 9hrs 14mins
iT's HARd to tYpe wHiLE holdINf a Cat!

Date: Sunday, 10(X)/12(XII)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Veteran's Day
4wks 1dys 9hrs 14mins
iT's HARd to tYpe wHiLE holdINf a Cat!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun 12 Oct 2008 03:02:53p, Larry B told us...

Hey Wayne, that is great. Thanks so much!!!

Do you know anything about the mfg.?

No, actually I don't. However, I have had several tubular skylights which I
prefer to the usual types. They bring in more light and usually seal tighter
against any type of leaks.

I think the combination of skylight and fan is terrific!

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Sunday, 10(X)/12(XII)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Veteran's Day
4wks 1dys 8hrs 54mins
If you associate with the wise, you
will become wise.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Now that I have the right jargon, searching on Google has been very
productive. Now I have to find out what is distributed where and seek
comments on QPR.

Are these wholesaled through HVAC places besides home centers like Home
Depot?

Thanks again. Larry

5.69...

Date: Sunday, 10(X)/12(XII)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Veteran's Day
4wks 1dys 8hrs 54mins
If you associate with the wise, you
will become wise.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun 12 Oct 2008 03:38:29p, Larry B told us...

Now that I have the right jargon, searching on Google has been very
productive. Now I have to find out what is distributed where and seek
comments on QPR.

Are these wholesaled through HVAC places besides home centers like Home
Depot?

Thanks again. Larry

They probably are, but I don't know for sure. I had a contractor install
the skylights I had and he procured them directly.

If you're planning on installing this yourself, I'd consider ordering
online for the best price.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Sunday, 10(X)/12(XII)/08(MMVIII)