Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cascade

Finally got an admission from Proctor & Gamble that Cascade Complete
gel should not be used in dishwashers with systems like G.E. Smart
Dispense.
They have an ongoing problem with the product that is shipped during
winter months and is subject to freezing. It causes congealing and
plugs the dispenser and causes failure of the system.
This has been recurring for the past two winters and they did not
notify manufacturers, suppliers, retailers, or consumers. The consumer
was left to foot the bill for appliance service calls to correct the
problem, which required a new dispenser for my system last year. When
the same problem arose this year, I became suspicous and began
research. It's like pulling teeth to get admissions of fault from
manufacturers. So now comes the disclosure of numerous lawsuits
regarding this issue and they have still not notified stores of
problems with the product.
WHY?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 05:01:20 -0500, Douglas Stanley
wrote:

[...]

1. Because their beancounters, who *know* their **** when it comes to
adding and subtracting, but don't know jack about goodwill or business
models, told them to do it that way.
2. They can justify it because their product is guaranteed & if it
looks weird [which it does after being froze] you can take it back and
get it replaced.[once you realize that they haven't just changed the
formula for some reason]

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Jim- Hide quoted text -

this must explain the super thick goo they tried passing off as
dishwasher detergent a couple years ago. i irrigated the dispenser and
figured they changed formulas.

i changed brands to giant eagles house brand it works great and is
cheaper
Posted to alt.home.repair

Douglas Stanley wrote:
[...]

I don't have a water/energy wasting machine.

--
LSMFT

I don't like to interrupt her.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

The rep specifically said "Do not return the product to the store."
They offered me a wad of coupons.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Douglas Stanley wrote:

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 06:31:31 -0400, Jim Elbrecht
wrote:

-snip-
2. They can justify it because their product is guaranteed & if it
looks weird [which it does after being froze] you can take it back and
get it replaced.[once you realize that they haven't just changed the
formula for some reason]

Jim

The rep specifically said "Do not return the product to the store."

The rep has to say that. But I have *never* tried to return a
defective product to where I bought it and not been able to get a
refund, replacement or store credit.

They offered me a wad of coupons.

I'd have said thanks for the coupons, accepted them for my troubles. .
.. then returned the product to the store.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

LSMFT wrote:
Douglas Stanley wrote:
[...]

Believe it or not, machine washing is generally more efficient
than hand washing. A couple cites:
http://tinyurl.com/bg32yn
http://tinyurl.com/2wtto8o
Posted to alt.home.repair

LSMFT wrote:

Douglas Stanley wrote:
[...]

That would be a water and energy saving machine. At least unless the
norm for you is to just scrape the moldy crud off the plate and use it
again for the next meal. Dishwashers use notably less water and less
energy than hand washing dishes. They also do a better job cleaning and
sanitizing as well.