Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wanke Cascade Laminate Flooring

Has anyone purchased laminate flooring from Wanke Cascade?
If so, are you happy with it?

Thanks.
Kate
Posted to alt.home.repair

Kate wrote:
Has anyone purchased laminate flooring from Wanke Cascade?
If so, are you happy with it?

Thanks.
Kate

****** Cascade seems to be a distributor, not a manufacturer. They sell
several different brands.

Look, too, at Lumber Liquidators,
a.. 2245 NW NICOLAI STREET
a.. PORTLAND, OR 97210
a.. Phone: 503-221-4944

Or visit their web site:
http://www.lumberliquidators.com/hom...FZdM5QodAzQgdw

If you need some tips on installing the stuff yourself, I'm sure I and other
folks can generate several.

Tip #1
If you have someone else do the installation, make sure their effort
includes removing and replacing the baseboards. So doing remove the
necessity for the crappy quarter-round transition and gives you an
opportunity to clean, repair, and repaint the baseboards while the floor in
being installed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
Kate wrote:
[...]

Excellent advice. I am having this hired out, and the contractor will
be here tomorrow AM to give me an estimate. Great timing, and I thank you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Kate wrote:

Tip #1
If you have someone else do the installation, make sure their effort
includes removing and replacing the baseboards. So doing remove the
necessity for the crappy quarter-round transition and gives you an
opportunity to clean, repair, and repaint the baseboards while the
floor in being installed.

Excellent advice. I am having this hired out, and the contractor will
be here tomorrow AM to give me an estimate. Great timing, and I
thank you.

Yep. When I removed my baseboards up and got them outside in the sunlight, I
was amazed at the dents, scratches, discoloration, and attached fuzz as
someone tried to paint them with the carpet in place. About five pounds of
wood putty, mucho sanding, and some oil-based enamel turned them into
prizes. I almost wanted to have them bronzed instead of putting them back.

TIP #2
Cleaning. After sweeping and/or vacuuming, a sponge-mopping with a solution
of water, alcohol, and ammonia should remove any smudges or footprints.
Eschew the commercial products - they contain hazardous alcohol and ammonia.
I use a steam cleaner. Waxing is never necessary and will only mess things
up.

TIP #3
The scatter-rugs you toss about should have rubber backing. Laminate
flooring is mighty slickery.

Conclusion:

You're gonna be pleased with the result. Really pleased.

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
Kate wrote:
[...]

It looks like I may have my work cut out for me. My baseboards look
like they are in excellent condition, but like you said, take them out
in the sunlight and get a good look.

I have laminate in my kitchen and love it. I know what you mean about
the rugs, but they do have rubber backing on them and no problems.

Thanks for the info.