Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Laminate Flooring

I have bleached oak kitchen cabinets, with a pink tint to them.

Would golden oak laminate flooring look OK, or would you go with
a bleached oak laminate to match the cupboards?

My home is 12 years old, and I know the bleached oak cabinets are
outdated, but mine are in perfect condition, so I hate to replace them.

Is there any particular direction to install the flooring, or is it a
personal preference?

TIA.

Kate
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Kate" wrote in message
I have bleached oak kitchen cabinets, with a pink tint to them.

Would golden oak laminate flooring look OK, or would you go with
a bleached oak laminate to match the cupboards?

My home is 12 years old, and I know the bleached oak cabinets are
outdated, but mine are in perfect condition, so I hate to replace them.

Is there any particular direction to install the flooring, or is it a
personal preference?

TIA.

Kate

Golden oak should be fine, as would most any color.

Install is usually running the longest dimension of the room.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Kate" wrote in message
I have bleached oak kitchen cabinets, with a pink tint to them.
Is there any particular direction to install the flooring, or is it a
personal preference?

Kate

Colors are not my thing!

The directions within the package offer instructions about running the seams
with or against the primary light source. I know it was not possible to
follow them in all of the 3 rooms I did and IMO it looks fine either way.

I would run the "planks" with the long dimension the same as the long
dimension as the room unless there was a compelling reason not to do so.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Colbyt wrote:
"Kate" wrote in message
I have bleached oak kitchen cabinets, with a pink tint to them.
Is there any particular direction to install the flooring, or is it a
personal preference?

Kate

Colors are not my thing!

The directions within the package offer instructions about running the seams
with or against the primary light source. I know it was not possible to
follow them in all of the 3 rooms I did and IMO it looks fine either way.

I would run the "planks" with the long dimension the same as the long
dimension as the room unless there was a compelling reason not to do so.

Another "guide" is to run the planks in the same direction as most folks
walk into the room.

Lou

Posted to alt.home.repair

Kate wrote:
Thank you Lou. Great info.

Kate

LouB wrote:
Colbyt wrote:
"Kate" wrote in message
I have bleached oak kitchen cabinets, with a pink tint to them.
Is there any particular direction to install the flooring, or is it
a personal preference?

Kate

Colors are not my thing!

The directions within the package offer instructions about running
the seams with or against the primary light source. I know it was
not possible to follow them in all of the 3 rooms I did and IMO it
looks fine either way.

I would run the "planks" with the long dimension the same as the long
dimension as the room unless there was a compelling reason not to do so.

Another "guide" is to run the planks in the same direction as most
folks walk into the room.

Lou

Your welcome:-))

Lou

Laminate flooring DouginUtah Woodworking 2 May 24th 08 03:08 AM
Laminate Flooring SteveC Home Repair 11 April 23rd 07 09:24 PM
Laminate Flooring [email protected] UK diy 2 September 19th 06 11:35 PM
Laminate Flooring BN Home Repair 4 October 4th 05 11:46 PM
laminate flooring Kee Home Repair 2 June 5th 05 03:00 AM