DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Laminate Flooring (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/259334-laminate-flooring.html)

Kate[_4_] September 3rd 08 05:12 AM

Laminate Flooring

I have bleached oak kitchen cabinets, with a pink tint to them.

Would golden oak laminate flooring look OK, or would you go with
a bleached oak laminate to match the cupboards?

My home is 12 years old, and I know the bleached oak cabinets are
outdated, but mine are in perfect condition, so I hate to replace them.

Is there any particular direction to install the flooring, or is it a
personal preference?

TIA.

Kate

Edwin Pawlowski September 3rd 08 10:50 AM

Laminate Flooring

"Kate" wrote in message
I have bleached oak kitchen cabinets, with a pink tint to them.

Would golden oak laminate flooring look OK, or would you go with
a bleached oak laminate to match the cupboards?

My home is 12 years old, and I know the bleached oak cabinets are
outdated, but mine are in perfect condition, so I hate to replace them.

Is there any particular direction to install the flooring, or is it a
personal preference?

TIA.

Kate

Golden oak should be fine, as would most any color.

Install is usually running the longest dimension of the room.

Colbyt September 4th 08 01:32 AM

Laminate Flooring

"Kate" wrote in message
I have bleached oak kitchen cabinets, with a pink tint to them.
Is there any particular direction to install the flooring, or is it a
personal preference?

Kate

Colors are not my thing!

The directions within the package offer instructions about running the seams
with or against the primary light source. I know it was not possible to
follow them in all of the 3 rooms I did and IMO it looks fine either way.

I would run the "planks" with the long dimension the same as the long
dimension as the room unless there was a compelling reason not to do so.

LouB September 4th 08 03:51 AM

Laminate Flooring

Colbyt wrote:
"Kate" wrote in message
I have bleached oak kitchen cabinets, with a pink tint to them.
Is there any particular direction to install the flooring, or is it a
personal preference?

Kate

Colors are not my thing!

The directions within the package offer instructions about running the seams
with or against the primary light source. I know it was not possible to
follow them in all of the 3 rooms I did and IMO it looks fine either way.

I would run the "planks" with the long dimension the same as the long
dimension as the room unless there was a compelling reason not to do so.

Another "guide" is to run the planks in the same direction as most folks
walk into the room.

Lou

LouB September 4th 08 09:10 AM

Laminate Flooring

Kate wrote:
Thank you Lou. Great info.

Kate

LouB wrote:
Colbyt wrote:
"Kate" wrote in message
I have bleached oak kitchen cabinets, with a pink tint to them.
Is there any particular direction to install the flooring, or is it
a personal preference?

Kate

Colors are not my thing!

The directions within the package offer instructions about running
the seams with or against the primary light source. I know it was
not possible to follow them in all of the 3 rooms I did and IMO it
looks fine either way.

I would run the "planks" with the long dimension the same as the long
dimension as the room unless there was a compelling reason not to do so.

Another "guide" is to run the planks in the same direction as most
folks walk into the room.

Lou

Your welcome:-))

Lou