Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cascade

LSMFT wrote:
Douglas Stanley wrote:
Finally got an admission from Proctor& Gamble that Cascade Complete
gel should not be used in dishwashers with systems like G.E. Smart
Dispense.
They have an ongoing problem with the product that is shipped during
winter months and is subject to freezing. It causes congealing and
plugs the dispenser and causes failure of the system.
This has been recurring for the past two winters and they did not
notify manufacturers, suppliers, retailers, or consumers. The consumer
was left to foot the bill for appliance service calls to correct the
problem, which required a new dispenser for my system last year. When
the same problem arose this year, I became suspicous and began
research. It's like pulling teeth to get admissions of fault from
manufacturers. So now comes the disclosure of numerous lawsuits
regarding this issue and they have still not notified stores of
problems with the product.
WHY?

I don't have a water/energy wasting machine.

Believe it or not, machine washing is generally more efficient
than hand washing. A couple cites:
http://tinyurl.com/bg32yn
http://tinyurl.com/2wtto8o