Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Deoxit vs. RS tuner cleaner?

Went to Radio Crack today to pick up some Deoxit, they apparently have
replaced it with a house brand tuner cleaner, anyone tried it? or
should I order the real Deoxit online? Immediate application would be
to clean up connections on a wiring harness on an old car that I will be
installing within the next week or so, but I also have some old audio
stuff kicking around that will eventually need cleaned up...

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

Nate Nagel wrote:
Went to Radio Crack today to pick up some Deoxit, they apparently have
replaced it with a house brand tuner cleaner, anyone tried it? or should
I order the real Deoxit online? Immediate application would be to clean
up connections on a wiring harness on an old car that I will be
installing within the next week or so, but I also have some old audio
stuff kicking around that will eventually need cleaned up...

nate

Hi,
Test it first whichever you use. Somre attacks plastics.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Nate Nagel wrote:

Went to Radio Crack today to pick up some Deoxit, they apparently have
replaced it with a house brand tuner cleaner, anyone tried it? or
should I order the real Deoxit online?

I haven't tried the stuff in the store but I have to say that Deoxit -
D5 is *the* stuff. I can't remember what the last can of stuff I
had was, but 4-5 yrs ago somebody turned me on to Deoxit & I couldn't
believe the difference. I can't understand why they have it *only*
on the web.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

On Jun 18, 7:25*pm, Tony Hwang wrote:
Nate Nagel wrote:
Went to Radio Crack today to pick up some Deoxit, they apparently have
replaced it with a house brand tuner cleaner, anyone tried it? or should
I order the real Deoxit online? Immediate application would be to clean
up connections on a wiring harness on an old car that I will be
installing within the next week or so, but I also have some old audio
stuff kicking around that will eventually need cleaned up...

nate

Hi,
Test it first whichever you use. Somre attacks plastics.

==
The banned freons worked the best...all the new cleaners are a piece
of crap that shouldn't even be used as they impart stickiness and
don't clean worth a hoot.
==
Posted to alt.home.repair

Just be sure to choose the Radio Shack tuner cleaner made for _color_
TVs.
They used to sell B&W and color versions, and I noticed no difference
except price.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Then, check your air in your tires with a "Radial" tire gage.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message

Just be sure to choose the Radio Shack tuner cleaner made for _color_
TVs.
They used to sell B&W and color versions, and I noticed no difference
except price.

Can I use Deoxit D5 to clean 37 yr old silicone loaded controls? [email protected] Electronics Repair 4 February 7th 08 01:52 PM
Decoding Ford car CD/Tuner 6000 CD Tuner [email protected] Electronics Repair 2 August 28th 06 11:26 PM
Deoxit cowboysfan Electronics Repair 4 January 21st 06 01:11 AM
better - DEOXIT, RIDOX, SUPER CONTACT CLEANER, WD40 or.. Jack Blake Electronics Repair 1 September 4th 04 11:27 PM