Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Decoding Ford car CD/Tuner 6000 CD Tuner

I am working on these car stereos which have codes on them and I'm
tryin g to decode.
The one I'm currently working on is a Ford CD / Tuner from Europe.
It displays "CODE ...."
when it is switched on. Can anyone please show me how to decode it and
have access to the CD and Radio ?

Make ------------- -------- FORD
MOdel ------------- --------- 6000 CD
Tuner
Part No. ------------- ---------
97AP-18C815-AC
Year of manufacture ------------ 1996

Also any information on how to connect the various wires will be much
appreciated.
THANKS.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am working on these car stereos which have codes on them and I'm
tryin g to decode.
The one I'm currently working on is a Ford CD / Tuner from Europe.
It displays "CODE ...."
when it is switched on. Can anyone please show me how to decode it and
have access to the CD and Radio ?

Make ------------- -------- FORD
MOdel ------------- --------- 6000 CD
Tuner
Part No. ------------- ---------
97AP-18C815-AC
Year of manufacture ------------ 1996

Also any information on how to connect the various wires will be much
appreciated.
THANKS.

The whole point is that you can't decode them. It's to make them not worth
stealing by the little toerags that break into cars. A colleague of mine
repairs these things for a living for just about every garage in the area,
and he often has to derive or remove the code from the EEPROM. However, to
do this, he has a sophisticated professional rig, and custom software. As a
general punter, you can't do it. Most of them lock out attempts for longer
and longer periods after each failed attempt. Sometimes, after too many
wrong attempts, they will lock forever. Some years back, there was a thing
going round that you could kill the code in them, by putting them in a
freezer for 24 hours. I never tried it myself, as I always had access to my
colleague to do the job properly, but many people swore that it did work.
Might be worth a try, I suppose ...

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Arfa Daily wrote:
[...]