Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

Default Deoxit vs. RS tuner cleaner?

On Jun 18, 7:25*pm, Tony Hwang wrote:
Nate Nagel wrote:
Went to Radio Crack today to pick up some Deoxit, they apparently have
replaced it with a house brand tuner cleaner, anyone tried it? or should
I order the real Deoxit online? Immediate application would be to clean
up connections on a wiring harness on an old car that I will be
installing within the next week or so, but I also have some old audio
stuff kicking around that will eventually need cleaned up...

nate

Hi,
Test it first whichever you use. Somre attacks plastics.

==
The banned freons worked the best...all the new cleaners are a piece
of crap that shouldn't even be used as they impart stickiness and
don't clean worth a hoot.
==