Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Deoxit vs. RS tuner cleaner?

On 6/19/2010 8:34 AM, wrote:

Just be sure to choose the Radio Shack tuner cleaner made for _color_
TVs.
They used to sell B&W and color versions, and I noticed no difference
except price.

Oh my God, I remember the horror's of dealing with mechanical TV tuners.
A friend of mine ran a TV tuner repair/rebuild franchise where TV shops
sent tuners to be rebuilt. He had a couple of ultrasonic cleaning vats
from hell that took all the gunk off anything dropped in them. The
electronic supply houses back in the 1970's sold all sorts of different
miracle TV tuner cleaners. It was a fun time back then. Quite often we
would take a TV set out back and fog it with insecticide then watch the
roaches run in all directions.

TDD