Posted to alt.home.repair

Default EasyWater ? ???

I read up on this a little. Anyone use it? Does it really work?
http://www.easywater.com/
Sounds like one of those things you stick on a fuel line and claim to
get 99 miles/gallon gimmicks to me.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , FatterDumber& Happier Moe wrote:
I read up on this a little. Anyone use it? Does it really work?
http://www.easywater.com/
Sounds like one of those things you stick on a fuel line and claim to
get 99 miles/gallon gimmicks to me.

It's snake oil. I heard one of their ads on the radio yesterday -- said that
it "leaves the beneficial calcium and magnesium ions in the water".

Well, if it does that, it's not softening the water. By definition. Water that
contains calcium and magnesium ions is hard water. Not soft water.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/5/2010 1:01 PM, FatterDumber& Happier Moe wrote:
I read up on this a little. Anyone use it? Does it really work?
http://www.easywater.com/
Sounds like one of those things you stick on a fuel line and claim to
get 99 miles/gallon gimmicks to me.

No. Like you say, it's a gimmick. I'm surprised some government agency
hasn't come after them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 5, 6:01�pm, FatterDumber& Happier Moe
wrote:
I read up on this a little. � Anyone use it? �Does it really work?http://www.easywater.com/
� Sounds like one of those things you stick on a fuel line and claim to
get 99 miles/gallon gimmicks to me.

Conventional water softeners remove the calcium and magnesium ions
from dissolved bicarbonates & substitute sodium ions (got from the
salt). The sodium salts do not precipitate out as the calcium and
magnesium ones do (usually onto heat exchanger surfaces, or anywhere
where the water is agitated.)
You don't need anything if your water is not hard (ie got these
dissolved bicarbonates in it.)
Sodium salts are bad for your health. Calcium/magnesium salts are good
for you. So drinking softened water is not good for you.

There are magnetic and electronic devices that claim to modify these
calcium salts and prevent them precipitating out. So your water
remains healthy to drink but no scale is formed water heaters etc.
Do they work. I was very suspicious for years, but I have seen tests
done and there is an effect. I don'r say it is as "good " as te
chemical softener but it's there.
However there are lots of crooks about. List of them here. Hope
you've got some time on your hands. :-)
http://www.chem1.com/CQ/gallery.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:
Sodium salts are bad for your health.

How so?

Quoting the FDA is merely an "appeal to (a silly) authority" and
insufficient.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , FatterDumber& Happier Moe wrote:
I read up on this a little. Anyone use it? Does it really work?
http://www.easywater.com/
Sounds like one of those things you stick on a fuel line and claim to
get 99 miles/gallon gimmicks to me.

It's snake oil. I heard one of their ads on the radio yesterday -- said that
it "leaves the beneficial calcium and magnesium ions in the water".

Well, if it does that, it's not softening the water. By definition. Water that
contains calcium and magnesium ions is hard water. Not soft water.

Ah, yes indeed. But it makes no claims of "softening" water, only
"conditioning" it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , Tony wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
In article , FatterDumber&

Happier Moe wrote:
I read up on this a little. Anyone use it? Does it really work?
http://www.easywater.com/
Sounds like one of those things you stick on a fuel line and claim to
get 99 miles/gallon gimmicks to me.

It's snake oil. I heard one of their ads on the radio yesterday -- said that
it "leaves the beneficial calcium and magnesium ions in the water".

Well, if it does that, it's not softening the water. By definition. Water that
contains calcium and magnesium ions is hard water. Not soft water.

Ah, yes indeed. But it makes no claims of "softening" water, only
"conditioning" it.

And since that's an essentially meaningless term, they're making an
essentially meaningless claim -- which neatly avoids the accusation of making
*false* claims.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 06 Jun 2010 19:06:55 -0400, Tony
wrote:

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , FatterDumber& Happier Moe wrote:
I read up on this a little. Anyone use it? Does it really work?
http://www.easywater.com/
Sounds like one of those things you stick on a fuel line and claim to
get 99 miles/gallon gimmicks to me.

It's snake oil. I heard one of their ads on the radio yesterday -- said that
it "leaves the beneficial calcium and magnesium ions in the water".

Well, if it does that, it's not softening the water. By definition. Water that
contains calcium and magnesium ions is hard water. Not soft water.

Ah, yes indeed. But it makes no claims of "softening" water, only
"conditioning" it.

Somehow, my local water district had a link for this gizmo. Months
later it is gone from the web site..

I have the hardest water in the nation.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , Oren wrote:
On Sun, 06 Jun 2010 19:06:55 -0400, Tony
wrote:

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , FatterDumber&

Happier Moe wrote:
I read up on this a little. Anyone use it? Does it really work?
http://www.easywater.com/
Sounds like one of those things you stick on a fuel line and claim to
get 99 miles/gallon gimmicks to me.

It's snake oil. I heard one of their ads on the radio yesterday -- said that

it "leaves the beneficial calcium and magnesium ions in the water".

Well, if it does that, it's not softening the water. By definition. Water

that
contains calcium and magnesium ions is hard water. Not soft water.

Ah, yes indeed. But it makes no claims of "softening" water, only
"conditioning" it.

Somehow, my local water district had a link for this gizmo. Months
later it is gone from the web site..

Sounds like they figured out that it's bogus...

I have the hardest water in the nation.

Where?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 00:27:16 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article , Oren wrote:
On Sun, 06 Jun 2010 19:06:55 -0400, Tony
wrote:

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , FatterDumber&

Happier Moe wrote:
I read up on this a little. Anyone use it? Does it really work?
http://www.easywater.com/
Sounds like one of those things you stick on a fuel line and claim to
get 99 miles/gallon gimmicks to me.

It's snake oil. I heard one of their ads on the radio yesterday -- said that

it "leaves the beneficial calcium and magnesium ions in the water".

Well, if it does that, it's not softening the water. By definition. Water

that
contains calcium and magnesium ions is hard water. Not soft water.

Ah, yes indeed. But it makes no claims of "softening" water, only
"conditioning" it.

Somehow, my local water district had a link for this gizmo. Months
later it is gone from the web site..

Sounds like they figured out that it's bogus...

Exactly my thoughts.

I have the hardest water in the nation.

Where?

Las Vegas.

This is a ring around Lake Mead: (pic)

http://www.foxnews.com/images/344542..._mead_ring.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , Oren wrote:
On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 00:27:16 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article , Oren

wrote:

I have the hardest water in the nation.

Where?

Las Vegas.

This is a ring around Lake Mead: (pic)

http://www.foxnews.com/images/344542..._mead_ring.jpg

Holy crap!! What IS that?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 01:54:32 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article , Oren wrote:
On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 00:27:16 GMT,
(Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article , Oren

wrote:

I have the hardest water in the nation.

Where?

Las Vegas.

This is a ring around Lake Mead: (pic)

http://www.foxnews.com/images/344542..._mead_ring.jpg

Holy crap!! What IS that?

Low water and leaching calcium. It forms in the rock faces.

Causing the ring.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tony" wrote in message
Doug Miller wrote:
In article , FatterDumber&
Happier Moe wrote:
I read up on this a little. Anyone use it? Does it really work?
http://www.easywater.com/
Sounds like one of those things you stick on a fuel line and claim to
get 99 miles/gallon gimmicks to me.

It's snake oil. I heard one of their ads on the radio yesterday -- said
that it "leaves the beneficial calcium and magnesium ions in the water".
Well, if it does that, it's not softening the water. By definition. Water
that contains calcium and magnesium ions is hard water. Not soft water.

Ah, yes indeed. But it makes no claims of "softening" water, only
"conditioning" it.

"Conditioning" it to be what, hard?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
In article , Oren
wrote:
On Sun, 06 Jun 2010 19:06:55 -0400, Tony
wrote:

Doug Miller wrote:
In article ,
FatterDumber&

Happier Moe wrote:
[...]

Well, where I am in upstate NY our water is off the chart hard when not
softened. Tastes great, so at least that's a plus. We take the softened
water from the sink and run it through a fridge filter and drink that. We
first tried to not soften the cold water, and then the minerals built up in
the pipes and we had to replace them. So...filtering is better and easier
and cheaper. 25 years of experience is quite valuable!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , Tony wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
In article , FatterDumber&

Happier Moe wrote:
I read up on this a little. Anyone use it? Does it really work?
http://www.easywater.com/
Sounds like one of those things you stick on a fuel line and claim to
get 99 miles/gallon gimmicks to me.
It's snake oil. I heard one of their ads on the radio yesterday -- said that
it "leaves the beneficial calcium and magnesium ions in the water".

Well, if it does that, it's not softening the water. By definition. Water that
contains calcium and magnesium ions is hard water. Not soft water.

Ah, yes indeed. But it makes no claims of "softening" water, only
"conditioning" it.

And since that's an essentially meaningless term, they're making an
essentially meaningless claim -- which neatly avoids the accusation of making
*false* claims.

Hey, I never said the thing works, just clarifying their wording, which
does exactly like you said.

Posted to alt.home.repair

h wrote:
"Tony" wrote in message
Doug Miller wrote:
In article , FatterDumber&
Happier Moe wrote:
I read up on this a little. Anyone use it? Does it really work?
http://www.easywater.com/
Sounds like one of those things you stick on a fuel line and claim to
get 99 miles/gallon gimmicks to me.
It's snake oil. I heard one of their ads on the radio yesterday -- said
that it "leaves the beneficial calcium and magnesium ions in the water".
Well, if it does that, it's not softening the water. By definition. Water
that contains calcium and magnesium ions is hard water. Not soft water.

Ah, yes indeed. But it makes no claims of "softening" water, only
"conditioning" it.

"Conditioning" it to be what, hard?

That is the mystery!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , FatterDumber& Happier Moe wrote:
I read up on this a little. Anyone use it? Does it really work?
http://www.easywater.com/
Sounds like one of those things you stick on a fuel line and claim to
get 99 miles/gallon gimmicks to me.
It's snake oil. I heard one of their ads on the radio yesterday -- said that
it "leaves the beneficial calcium and magnesium ions in the water".

Well, if it does that, it's not softening the water. By definition. Water that
contains calcium and magnesium ions is hard water. Not soft water.

Ah, yes indeed. But it makes no claims of "softening" water, only
"conditioning" it.

You know if you put a coil of wire around your dick, when you **** it
will come out as pure soft urine. What that means is that your dick
will be soft when the urine comes out. Better yet, if you connect
this coil to an high voltage electrical source, you'll never ****
again. Just think how handy that would be when you go out drinking.

Odd imagination you have! I don't normally talk to strangers about my
dick, much less winding wires around it and adding high voltage! But
what ever makes you happy. :~\ And to clarify my clarification, I never
said the thing works, just clarified the wording.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 6, 5:10�pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
harry wrote:
Sodium salts are bad for your health.

How so?

Quoting the FDA is merely an "appeal to (a silly) authority" and
insufficient.

Common knowledge for years and years.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt#Health_effects
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 06 Jun 2010 23:54:22 -0400, Tony

wrote:

Doug Miller wrote:
[...]

snipped

So, what about your dick??????
I bet you're dying to tell all of us......

I'm sorry but it just doesn't seem right to me. I'm not that kind of
guy. But if you are that desperate for stories about other mens dicks,
then I suggest you keep looking, I'm not your man (in any stretch of the
imagination). You may do well in some highway rest stops or adult book
stores. Good luck!
Posted to alt.home.repair

"FatterDumber& Happier Moe" wrote in
message ...
I read up on this a little. Anyone use it? Does it really work?
http://www.easywater.com/
Sounds like one of those things you stick on a fuel line and claim to get
99 miles/gallon gimmicks to me.

Yes it works. We have the water from Hell. Eats up gaskets, diaphragms in
water valves. Plugs up the flushing ring holes on toilets. Plugs up washer
inlet hose screens and faucet screens. Corrodes sink faucets so bad the
must be ground off with grinder as mounting nuts will not budge. Ruins water
heaters, some only last 3 years. Privet water company serves (guessing)
maybe 2000 customers. Sends out list required by state water board every
year. On list it said if you have an immune problem DO NOT drink the water.
How do they get away with this? Eats the paint off of swamp coolers and
goes to rust in 2 years. I have taken cooler apart and had it sand blasted
and powder coated twice. Went 3 years each time. Has ruined most all of the
valves and controls on our hot water heating system. So we use a Osmosis set
up for cooking and drinking water. So I bit the bullet and bought one for
whole house water and one for the heating system. In service about 60 days.
Now toilets flush good, don't have that ring in toilet bowl every day that
was hard to clean. It is NOT a water softener, it suspends the minerals in
the water so they will not stick to things. They are not inexpensive, easy
to install . Now I can have the heating system repaired (replacing all the
bad parts). Getting rid of the swamp cooler and putting in refrigerated air
conditioner. Our tap water was running 480PPM and now shows 273 PPM. The
osmosis water is Zero PPM. I have no interest in the company and I also
thought "snake oil" . But with their 90 day trial with full money back if
not happy I thought I would try it. WW