Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony[_19_] Tony[_19_] is offline

Default EasyWater ? ???

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , Tony wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
In article , FatterDumber&

Happier Moe wrote:
I read up on this a little. Anyone use it? Does it really work?
http://www.easywater.com/
Sounds like one of those things you stick on a fuel line and claim to
get 99 miles/gallon gimmicks to me.
It's snake oil. I heard one of their ads on the radio yesterday -- said that
it "leaves the beneficial calcium and magnesium ions in the water".

Well, if it does that, it's not softening the water. By definition. Water that
contains calcium and magnesium ions is hard water. Not soft water.

Ah, yes indeed. But it makes no claims of "softening" water, only
"conditioning" it.

And since that's an essentially meaningless term, they're making an
essentially meaningless claim -- which neatly avoids the accusation of making
*false* claims.

Hey, I never said the thing works, just clarifying their wording, which
does exactly like you said.