Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Easywater Soft Water Unit

Has anyone purchased the subject water conditioner? It does not use
salt, easy to install, and only costs $12 a year to run. The list goes on.

On their website, it sounds like something to separate people from their
money, but I decided to toss it out there for your comments.

Many thanks.

Kate
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , Kate wrote:
Has anyone purchased the subject water conditioner? It does not use
salt, easy to install, and only costs $12 a year to run. The list goes on.

On their website, it sounds like something to separate people from their
money, but I decided to toss it out there for your comments.

Bogus. The company's own description of how it "works" makes no sense,
scientifically. It's dressed up in a lot of scientific-sounding nonsense that
might fool people who have never had even a high-school class in chemistry.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Kate wrote:

Has anyone purchased the subject water conditioner? It does not use
salt, easy to install, and only costs $12 a year to run. The list goes on.

On their website, it sounds like something to separate people from their
money

As one of my favorite authors says: "TANSTAAFL - There Ain't No Such Thing As A
Free Lunch"

There are two known ways of softening water, when softening is defined by
removing calcium and magnesium ions: An ion exchange system (otherwise known as
a device that has a salt tank) and a reverse osmosis system (which uses
electricity and a semi-permeable membrane.

Anyone selling magnets or other devices that "align the molecules" is selling
snake oil.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Kate wrote:
Has anyone purchased the subject water conditioner? It does not use
salt, easy to install, and only costs $12 a year to run. The list goes on.

On their website, it sounds like something to separate people from their
money, but I decided to toss it out there for your comments.

Many thanks.

Kate

Hi,
You believe in snake oil?