Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Roger L

Default REVERSE OSMOSIS WATER UNIT PROBLEM/ water draining constantly??

Hello,

I have one of these units installed under the kitchen sink.

I came into the house the other day and heard the water making some
kind of sizzling noise in the drain and noticed it came from this
"osmosis" unit, as no taps were turned on. There were no leaks
anywhere. There was also some air noise in the water pipe.

The system is due for some change of filters and I plan to have it
done.

What I cannot understand is why the water is running from this unit
and making that noise. I have since shut down the unit by closing the
water valve and valve on the tank.

Has anybody had a similar experience and what was the part that caused
it to drain continuosly and make that noise in the drain?

Roger

need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 01:15 AM
Kitchen Aid Side-by-side - Water Dispenser/Filter Problem Paula Home Repair 6 October 28th 03 04:03 AM