Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Laminate Flooring for Kitchen?

My wife just saw some laminate flooring she likes, and she wants to
pick it up for our kitchen area. I've never had laminate flooring
before, so I don't know much about it. It is affordable, but I'm
worried about durability -- especially in the kitchen, where there's
water, and apple-juice to be spilled. I was wondering if anyone had
any insights.

(the particular flooring is called Trillium, oak)

Thanks

John
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 3, 8:49*am, John wrote:
My wife just saw some laminate flooring she likes, and she wants to
pick it up for our kitchen area. *I've never had laminate flooring
before, so I don't know much about it. *It is affordable, but I'm
worried about durability -- especially in the kitchen, where there's
water, and apple-juice to be spilled. *I was wondering if anyone had
any insights.

(the particular flooring is called Trillium, oak)

Thanks

John

If you mean like Pergo I have it in the kitchen and its ok, just ok,
it has a few holes from knives and pans that have dropped, its been
through a small flood I caught right away and it dried fine, but they
make a water resistant grade I did not use. Pergo is so smooth it
shows all dirt, it cant be kept looking clean in my kitchen with 3
dogs so thats a big big negative. If I were to redo it I would get a
tile pattern that has alot of natural looking variations to hide dirt,
they make vinyal tiles that look real, hide dirt, and have a thicker
top layer so a knive or dropped pot wont leave a gouge. Your kitchen
will get the most wear of any room, get something thats real good and
takes abuse. You might find a wood laminate rougher and tougher than
pergo that will hide dirt, if the Pergo had less gloss and more of
natural woods roughness and uneveness it would have been better.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 3, 6:49*am, John wrote:
My wife just saw some laminate flooring she likes, and she wants to
pick it up for our kitchen area. *I've never had laminate flooring
before, so I don't know much about it. *It is affordable, but I'm
worried about durability -- especially in the kitchen, where there's
water, and apple-juice to be spilled. *I was wondering if anyone had
any insights.

(the particular flooring is called Trillium, oak)

Thanks

John

I wouldn't do it. Even if you thought it was waterproof, all it takes
is for some funky sauce to get spilled in the gaps to cause never-
ending smell, not to mention mold growth.

Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

On Jun 3, 2:46*pm, jamesgangnc wrote:
On Jun 3, 11:31*am, mike wrote:

On Jun 3, 6:49*am, John wrote:

My wife just saw some laminate flooring she likes, and she wants to
pick it up for our kitchen area. *I've never had laminate flooring
before, so I don't know much about it. *It is affordable, but I'm
worried about durability -- especially in the kitchen, where there's
water, and apple-juice to be spilled. *I was wondering if anyone had
any insights.

(the particular flooring is called Trillium, oak)

Thanks

John

I wouldn't do it. *Even if you thought it was waterproof, all it takes
is for some funky sauce to get spilled in the gaps to cause never-
ending smell, not to mention mold growth.

Tile- Hide quoted text -

I've had it in mine for 7+ years as a temp measure. Still there and
has stood up well except where the dogs water bowl is.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"ransley" wrote in message

[...]

ransley, you sound like an absolute pig! Get off your lazy butt and sweep &
mop, instead of trying to find ways to "hide" the dirt.

I'll you get plenty of hair balls in your food, letting 3 dogs in the
kitchen. You're a very disturbed, nasty, dirty type of trailer trash.

Posted to alt.home.repair

ransley, you sound like an absolute pig! Get off your lazy butt and sweep
&
mop, instead of trying to find ways to "hide" the dirt.

I'll you get plenty of hair balls in your food, letting 3 dogs in the
kitchen. You're a very disturbed, nasty, dirty type of trailer trash.

And you're a rude, plonked putz.

Laminate flooring as kitchen countertop HeyBub[_3_] Home Repair 26 January 16th 09 03:13 PM
Laying laminate flooring over existing vinyl tiles in kitchen [email protected] UK diy 2 June 8th 06 12:07 AM
Laminate Flooring BN Home Repair 4 October 4th 05 11:46 PM
laminate flooring okay in kitchen? maxinemovies Home Repair 18 January 15th 05 11:30 PM
A question of Laminate flooring in a kitchen David Oneill UK diy 3 October 13th 04 11:52 AM